Amazing

Amber's pov:

The school bell rings, signaling the end of my last class of the day.

Since I'm not in a rush to get on the bus and grab a good seat, I take my time packing up all my belongings to put in my backpack.

From there, I make my way to my locker, putting away all of my stuff that I don't need and grabbing a few things that I will need for doing my homework later.

Just as I was about done, I feel a few pokes on my shoulder, causing me to turn around and be met with a smiley Damien.

"Wow, you got here quickly." I say, eyeing his backpack and practice bag in hand, already to go.

"I guess I was just excited to see you again." His sudden words catch me by surprise, causing me to freeze in my place.

Taking a quick glance at Damien, I watch as his eyes widen before a blush makes its way onto his cheeks, as if even he was surprised by his own words.

"O-oh... I'm glad." The amount of effort it took to restrain myself from banging my head against the locker was honestly quite insane.

Really Amber?

'I'm glad.'

For being someone who is generally smart, your vocabulary is very...

Limited.

"So sh-should we get going?" Damien asks, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Not having faith in where my words would take me, I give him a quick head nod before zipping up my backpack.

Together, we walk side by side down the hallway, which was actual quite difficult because everyone else was going in the opposite direction to get to the busses.

For most of the way there though, it was silent. But not like that awkward silence that makes you feel uneasy, it was more of a comfortable silence.

But I don't know if it was from our last conversation that ended quite strangely or from us having to battle our way through all of the different groups of students.

"Have you thought about any ideas on where you would like to go after practice?" Damien breaks the silence once we find ourselves in an empty hallway.

I think for a few seconds before responding, "Why don't we grab something to eat after? Since your practice is two hours long, I'm sure you will work up an appetite, and it will end around dinner time so it would only make sense."

"That's sounds good, but now that you've mentioned how long our practices actually are, I feel bad for asking you to stay for so long." Damien says, looking at me with a small frown on his face.

I quickly wave my hand in dismiss at his words, not wanting him to feel bad, "I don't mind! I'm used to going to your practices anyways since I would go to support Liam. If I get bored, I can just get a head start on my homework."

"If you insist... I would say that you would also have Ella to talk to since she is almost always at our practices to support Luke, but I'm pretty sure she mentioned today that her mom wanted to take her and Ally shopping or something." Damien says while opening the door to the athletic center of our school for me.

I give him a small "thanks" before making my way to the small set of bleachers that lined the practice room, but I stop once I realize that Damien was still behind me.