Chapter 18

She awoke after a while and she decided to get up. Still feeling sore she decided to head outside and find Ben. she limped across the grass and saw him standing at the edge of the cliff to the left.

He could hear her from a mile away so he turned around before she got to him. he stared at her side as she got closer to him. she could see him looking at her side and she looked down to see blood staining her tunic.

"are you ok?" he asked her.

she stopped suddenly when she felt another patch of blood forming on her back.

"do you have any supplies to help me?" she asked while clutching her side. he nodded his head and moved towards a hut that was closest to him. when he emerged he was holding a first aid kit. it was tiny, there wouldn't be enough supplies if she happened to bleed out again.

"do you need help with it at all?" he asked holding the kit in his hand.

she thought about it.

"yeah, I don't think I can reach the spots by myself" she said shyly.

they walked back over to her hut and she sat on the bed. he grabbed the kit and then stopped.

"erm... I think you might have to take your shirt off if you want me to patch you up" he said awkwardly.

she looked down at her side and could see the patch of blood growing bigger, she could also feel the wound. she stared up into his eyes and realised she was shaking. it was too close to what Poe had done. she stayed silent for a minute but then she looked up and knew she could trust him.

"could you turn around for a minute" she asked not looking into his eyes. he quickly turned around and waited there patiently. she slid off her shirt and took a look at the gash on her side. it had to have been 10 cm long and it was situated just under the side of her boob. she grabbed a pillow and held it to her chest and turned around so they were back to back.

"OK..." she said. she could hear him open the kit and she could sense that he saw her shyness. she flinched when she felt his fingers graze her side. he was wiping off the excess blood but still she couldn't help but feel panic stricken. she tried to calm herself down but she was almost on the verge of tears.

"could you please talk to me. I'm starting to freak out" she said with a hint of panic in her voice. he stopped wiping the blood off of her body and realised what she meant.

"what do you want to talk about" he asked trying to get her to think of something different.

she thought for a moment.

"why did you leave?" she asked slightly turning around. he stopped and stared at her.

"I left because I didn't belong to the dark side. ever since I was little I could hear snokes voice taunting me but there was still light In me, so when I killed my father.... I realised that I couldn't devote myself fully to the dark side. that is why I killed snoke and saved you. I hoped that we could go somewhere else and start a new Side but you didn't take my hand, so I stayed and eventually I couldn't stand the morals the dark side followed so I left" he explained while applying a dressing on Rey's side. she nodded in understanding.

"why are you here?" he asked her. she looked down at her hands.

"Poe arrested me... he couldn't risk me telling anyone about what he did so he said that I committed treason and sentenced me to death... so I escaped" she said taking a deep breath.

"and you left the child?" he asked.

her eyes filled with tears. she nodded silently.

"only because I didn't think it would be safe to bring him somewhere that I had only seen in my mind, besides he is with Finn" she said taking a deep breath. he finished patching her up and he went and stood by the door.

"get dressed so you can come and eat" he went to leave.

"wait... I don't think I can wear this" she pointed to the blood stained tunic on the floor. He looked up at her.

"wait there" he left the Hut and she sat there waiting for him. He returned with a black shirt in his hands and he walked over and handed it to her.

"it will probably be too big on you, but at least it won't restrict your skin" he turned and left the room.

She removed the pillow from her chest and grabbed her bra that lay under the tunic. Even though it was soaked in blood, she didn't want to risk the shirt being so big that it exposed her.

He was right about the shirt. It was massive on her, almost like a dress. She let it sit loosely in her shoulder but it didn't slip off. Feeling a lot more calmer, she walked out to find Ben sitting outside his Hut making a fire.

He turned and looked up at her and he smiled. She sat down next to him as the heat of the fire now reached her skin. He handed her a hot piece of fish and she started to nibble at it, finding that it soothed her raging stomach.

"so now that we are officially both fugitives of the first order and resistance, what now?" she asked looking up at him.

He stared down at her and thought for a moment.

"I'm not too sure. But I like it here" he said and looked off into the distance.

Mean while on the other side of the galaxy Finn was strapping Thomas into a tie fighter with coordinates set to Rey.

Authors notes:
Guys 700 reads!
That's crazy thank you 💕