[9] TROPHY

warning: some elements of sexual assault make an appearance, it will be marked between *** and ***.

000

"Fuck. If you keep at it like that, everyone in this damn castle will fucking hear me," the newborn panted heavily, lying on the cool marble of the floor briefly before pulling herself back up with a groan.

"It is hardly my fault if you can't handle it, Aurora."

"I asked you to not hold back, not to lay your grudges against me," she grumbled, rubbing her temple where the furious headache lingered.

"You asked for my assistance," the blonde reminded her. "You're not trying hard enough."

"I'm giving 100%," Aurora growled, brows furrowed in concentration. "Go."

When she first discovered she could control people, she had no idea her gift worked. Sometimes, every word she said was an accidental command or she had trouble making her commands stick to her intended target and not everyone in the vicinity. Over the last two months, it had been determined the two things Aurora needed to control people was eye contact and concentration. It was like hypnosis, her will overpowered her victim, making them subservient to her will. Controlling someone took a lot of energy though, and it wasn't always instantaneous especially if she couldn't focus.

The concentration aspect was more cumbersome than the other, life was unpredictable and one could never know when or what she could be distracted by. One second could cost her her life. However, the former, eye contact, was not as impossible to get around, even if the others thought it was too soon to push her gift that far.

Jane was useful in combating the concentration aspect, Alec the vision. There was no way of telling when Jane would hit, so the goal was to be fast enough to compact all her focus into finding the twin's mind while blind. However, and as expected, Jane was a bit trigger happy.

With a sadistic smile, Jane hit the newborn hard, hands folded behind her neatly. Despite her little black dress and tight bun, she looked like she was at a concert instead of attending a funeral for once as she watched Aurora squirm in pain.

"OW! Fuck!" The newborn collapsed under the agonizing fire of Jane's pain infliction, the very same pain she had felt during the Change. Flames straight from hell licked at her mind, burning away the command before she could voice it.

"Your version of 100% is unacceptable."

Alec went to her side in a flash, helping Aurora up. The blonde eyed the placement of his hand on the newborns hip, but he pulled away just as quickly, facing his sister with a scolding smirk. "Sister, play nice."

"I can go if you're just going to coddle your little ingenue, brother," Jane sneered, her hands on her waist.

Aurora shook her head, stepping away from his embrace and straightening her sore body. "I can do it. Just, one more time Jane. Alec, please."

A frown marred his lips as he took away her senses once more. Aurora could not hear or see a thing, trapped in a sea of nothingness, of her own mind. Quelling the instinctive predatory panic at being weakened, she calmed herself, conjuring an image of twin suns in her mind: one rife with dangerous explosions and furious solar flares that warned you to stay away; and the other, just as bright, but calmer, pulling you in until it was too late to escape the flames.

Purposefully, she strengthened a singular thought with steel, silver and wispy, like liquid mercury, light yet impossible to escape. Hedging her bets, the sense-deprived controller smirked and wrapped mercury around the angrier sun, a silver ball under her control.