New Love?

When you were getting a drink of water you heard a noise of static. Not in your head, but from the living room. It gave you horror movie vibes.

You chugged the rest of the water and put down the glass by the sink, you can use it later. While walking towards the living room, the noise got louder. Who would be up this late? Or did your dad fall asleep on the couch again and left the TV on.

When you got to the walkway to the living room, you paused before walking further. You found Alastor on the recliner, enjoying one of your many books from the bookshelf in the corner. Your dad liked collecting history books, about anything. Even some mythology from the Greeks and Norse people. Those were the books you enjoyed the most.

He looked almost peaceful, his smile wasn't that Cheshire grin he normally has. The smile was genuine. And it made your stomach fill with butterflies. You look away and blush a bit, asking yourself why you had to be feeling this way towards a demon of all things.

A few minutes went by and you turned off the TV, the sound getting on your nerves a bit. Alastor looks up and notices you, his Cheshire grin returning again. 

He set down the book and stood up, adjusting his suit. "Why are you up so late (Y/n)?" He asked, walking over to you.

You hesitated for a moment, debating on telling him about the dream you had. "I just had a bad dream is all." You look away.

"Oh? My poor fawn. Want to talk about it?" He asked. You looked up at him confused. Fawn? That's a new one. You nodded after a moment and sat on the couch. He sat on the other side and you sighed, preparing yourself to explain.

When you explain, he looks interested and curious. "I don't remember much of my death since it was so long ago. All I really remember is how painful it felt. But in your dream, I'm interested in why you tried to save me." He looked at you, ready for an answer.

Looking at your hands in your lap thinking, you didn't really have an answer. You didn't really know why you tried to save him at all. But you tried to think of something. "I think in the dream, I felt like you were my friend so I tried to save you." You said, your stomach butterflies returning. 

"That's interesting. I never had a human consider me as a friend before." He stood up and ruffled your hair. 

You stand up and yawn. "I better get back to bed, school is tomorrow..." You say, walking towards the stairs.

"Let me walk you there, you don't know what goes bump in the night." He chuckled darkly, sending a shiver down your spine. He gently placed a hand on your shoulder and walked you to your room.

Taking a step in your room, you turn around to face the demon in front of you. "Well...I suppose this is good night Alastor." You yawned again.

"Indeed, I will visit again soon, like I always do." He grinned a bit wider. You yawned and he walked out of sight, into the shadows where he dissipated into oblivion.

Walking to your bed and laying down, you try to fall asleep again. It's already 2am, when you looked at the clock. But you couldn't seem to fall asleep. You're thoughts kept wandering to Alastor on the recliner and the dream. 

Butterflies began filling your stomach again, for the third time tonight, giving you a weirdly nice feeling. Maybe you're falling for him...But he's a demon...You don't know what to think other than the fact you're falling for him and you didn't want this happy feeling to go away, ever.

Eventually you fall asleep, thinking about him reading on the recliner looking peaceful.