Bad Romance

A gut feeling told you something bad was going to happen today. But you decided to ignore it, it was probably just your paranoia.

When you reached school that morning, Alastor was at the table waiting for you. You smiled to yourself as you walked over. Sitting down, he gave you a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Is something bothering you, (Y/n)?" He asked you, looking a bit concerned. You shook your head.

"No, nothing is." You smiled tiredly. "I'm still trying to wake up is all."

He nodded and smiled softly, wrapping his arm around your waist. 

The morning seemed to move slow, maybe because you were tired. You tried to have idle conversations, but you kept zoning out and almost falling asleep.

Class wasn't much better, you tuned out the teachers most of the time. You were either drawing or trying not to fall asleep in class.

The nagging feeling in your stomach wouldn't go away, though you did your best to ignore it. Nothing bad would happen to you, as long as Alastor was around you. He wouldn't let anything bad happen.

~~

Lunch was fairly quiet. Alastor and Rosie were no where to be seen. (F/n) told you that they were probably outside chatting. You wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, since you see them out there sometimes.

After eating an apple, you decided to go look for him. It seemed like he helped your anxieties calm down lately.

(Alastor PoV 1st person)

I was outside sitting on the grassy field by the school with Rosie during break. We were discussing when it would happen. I personally think that we should wait a little longer. 

"You know how busy I am at my Emporium, and other business Alastor." She huffed, placing her hands in her lap. I nodded.

"Yes, I know, but this is important." I scanned the crowd.

"Why did you ask for assistance anyway? It's not like you needed any. The helpless girls swoon for you anyway." She looked almost predatory over the bodies of people. I chuckled.

She's right, I didn't need help. But the process would've been to slow to my liking.

"I can't help that I have enough charm for all the females wanting to kiss my feet." I laughed and Rosie snickered. 

"If they knew what you really were, they would be running away." Rosie smiled. 

"That goes for you too Rosie. They would run from both of us." She nodded.

Except, (Y/n) wouldn't run from me. She wasn't scared when she found out who I was. Which makes me wonder if she would run from Rosie if she knew the truth about her. I don't imagine she would since her response to me.

Speaking of her, I spotted her just coming outside. Rosie must've noticed too, she shifted in her spot. I turn my head in her direction and I was greeted with a pair of lips on mine.

Shocked, I went to pull back, but she gripped my shoulder tightly, enough to cause slight discomfort in this form.

(Y/n PoV 2nd person)

You went outside to sit on a bench and relax. When you sat down, you shifted your back next to you and sighed. You didn't know what to do. You kicked a few loose pebbles from the ground and looked up. What you saw in the distance made you freeze.

There on the other side of the black top, was Alastor and Rosie. But what shocked you to your core was that they were kissing. It felt like something stabbed your heart and made it break into pieces. 

Standing up on shaky legs, you huffed and roughly grabbed your bag. Deciding to head home early, you went to the back of the school and through the wooded area behind your house. This time nothing followed you home. Hot tears started falling and it made your vision blurry. You were in a slight rush to get home, you ended up stumbling on a few uprooted tree roots and tangles plants.

Arriving at the backdoor, you attempt to open it but it was locked. You made a frustrated noise as you looked for the spare key on the porch. It was under a potted plant on a small table off to the corner. 

When you got inside, you screamed in frustration, anger and heartbreak. You ended up throwing your bag across your room when you got upstairs. 

This was all Rosie's fault you're sure. She was perfect in every way you thought of. She had the perfect looks that any girl would die for. Her voice was like sweet honey. You had no match against her.

You flopped on your bed, tears streaking your face. This was your first real relationship that wasn't a crush. It went better than you thought, but it had to end sometime. Nothing is perfect. 

Rolling over to your side, your phone started vibrating with notifications. Lazily, you picked up the phone and read the notifications as they came in. Half of them were from (F/n), apologizing over the current events. You assumed Alastor asked (F/n) for their phone since he didn't have one.

You tossed your phone to the side, not bothering with the rest. You were to tired and emotionally exhausted to care right now. You needed a nap, even though the dreams probably wouldn't be nice to you. You just needed to escape reality for a few hours, away from this bad romance.