Chapter - 1

New York,

Buzzing sound of her alarm pulled her out of sleep, she stretched her arms and slowly opened her eyes. She noticed the morning light come to the wall. She used to wake up before the dawn, the morning was ancient before the sun even rose. She put on her shoes and went for a morning jog.

At that hour of the morning when most of the city is just turning in for the night, she was awake to witness the changing of traffic signals with no cars on the road. Just a couple in boots and a street full of birds and empty taxi cabs. The city is awake inside Penn station.

When she reached her home, Ms Jane, her caretaker handed over a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. She accepted that with a bright smile and rested on the couch.

"Harika, you have a message from your mom" Jane informed. "In this early morning?" Harika raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Yeah! She wished you good luck for your results" Jane replied formally with a smile. Harika felt happy that her mom always care about her inspite of her busy schedules. "She too informed that she will call you in the afternoon" Jane informed and walked inside the kitchen to prepare her breakfast.

Harika was passionate about pursuing Medicine in India, cause her mom born in India. She wanted to visit the country but she didn't get any chance regarding that. She completed her schooling and prepared for the entrance exams to get seat in the Indian medical College. That was her result day, she waited impatiently for the results.

She is very good in her studies, since it was her dream, she was worried about her results. Her mom is the topmost business woman but Harika never used her mom's name or her money for her education purpose. She did her schooling in the scolership she got. Her mom too encouraged and motivated her in a positive way and she will never interfere in her studies and ambitions.

She typed her register number with her fingers crossed as She was more anxious about her results. Her eyes twinkled seeing her marks and she got very good grades. She jumped in excitement. At the Same time, she got call from her mom.

"Congrats darling and I wish you all the best for your dream degree" Her mom wished her from the bottom of her heart.

"Thank you momma! Love you" she replied with amusement. "When will you be back?" She inquired. "Tomorrow honey! Now you eat well! It's momma's treat" she uttered happily. Harika smiled and ended the call.

Jane arranged the table with all her favourite dishes. Harika finished those things happily. She doesn't have a gang of friends. She will spend most of her time in reading and exploring new things where she rarely communicate with people.

As she scored top marks in her entrance exam, she got seat in All India Institute of Medical sciences in New Delhi but she rejected that and applied in Madras Medical College, Chennai cause that was her mother's birth place.

She easily got seat in the college and that made her more happy. She slept happily thinking about her dream college and studies. Same time she is more excited to visit India cause her mom said several things about the country she was born in.
.
.

Chennai,

"Why they are doing all these stupid things? Don't they have any other job to do?" Harish cursed making others laugh.

"Hey! Dude it's valentine's day today. They are enjoying their day. Why we wanna get obsessed with that?" Mano patted his back to cheer him.

"Why do they want a day to celebrate it?" He was not agreed with Mano. "Yes! Everyone has a day and in that particular day we are celebrating it same like that it's day for lovers and they are celebrating in the way they want" Mano replied casually.

"That's the mistake. Why they will show up their love on this particular day. First of all, If they love truly they no need to show up and they will never celebrate it in this creepy way. Love is something eternal and by this kind of celebration they are making it cheap. If you truly love a person, then everyday seems special and you don't need a particular day to show up your love.

I don't know why people are so unaware about the real fact. Talking with the loved ones and spending some good time is enough to make the day perfect. It's not necessary to stand on the roads and public places, flirting with eachother and disturbing others like these fellows" he uttered gritting his teeth.

"Hey! Relax man. It's none of our business to care about society. Let them celebrate in the way they love. Now I'm getting late, please start the bike" Mano annoyed.

He started the bike ignoring the couples. He dropped Mano in his office and returned back to his home. Gowri was awake when he reached the home. She smiled seeing her son.

"Mom! You are awake!" He exclaimed and walked towards her. She was a paralysed person who needs someone to take care of her everytime. Harish wholeheartedly accepted the responsibility and helped her in all her works.

She smiled sitting in her wheel chair. "Mom! Come with me, let me help you to brush your teeth and have your coffee" he took her to the wash room.

He prepared coffee and made her drink it. Every time, seeing his care, Gowri's heart will fill with endless happiness. She always thank God to blessed her life with a son like him.

"Ma, what do you want for breakfast? Shall I prepare something spicy? Yesterday you said you want to eat something spicy right?" He asked with love.

"Prepare something which is easy for you Harish. I'm happy to eat anything from my son's hand" she overwhelmed with emotions.

"No ma! Now you are going to choose the breakfast menu" he said strictly; she too agreed and mentioned her favourite dish. She too instructed the cooking procedures and guide him to cook. He prepared as per her instructions and that pleasent aroma filled the entire home.

He served the breakfast in a plate and fed her with his hand. She had it with happiness and she was amused by the delicious food. "You have good cooking skills Hari!" She appreciated making him smile.

He too had his breakfast, meanwhile Lisa, Gowri's caretaker reached their home. She greeted both of them and took Gowri to make her freshen up. Harish could manage to take care of his mom for the entire day but sometimes he couldn't avoid to go out to meet his friends. So he appointed a caretaker too to take care of his mom.

His dad passed away when he was doing his master degree. So he discontinued his study to take care of his mother. She got that paralyzed attack when he was four years old but his dad didn't left her and took a great of her everyday staying with her.

Harish was a baby boy who born with silver spoon. He got everything in his life. A caring family, a rich family background and the most attachable relatives. They used to be a joint family but that single incident turned everything upside down.

The family broke into several branches, his grandmother whom he loved like his mom died on that day and his mother's condition turned so pathetic. He was very small in that time but he remembered everything happened that day when all his happiness vanished from his life. Everytime when he remember about the incident, he will lost his peace and will be high temper.

His father brought up him and at the same time he took a great care of his wife too. Harish admired his dad from his childhood and he adored the love he had for his mom. He too promised to take care of his mom once after his dad.

Harish is a normal guy with several heart breaks fed up his mind and one who lost his internal peace in a very small age. But he never show his anxiety with his mother or any of his friends. He will face that alone in his dark room.
.
.
"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."

-Oscar Wilde

Hi friends,

Here I came up with a new story of Harish and Harika. This is completely a new storyline compared to my previous stories. I hope you will like this too. Give it a try.

Give me your love and support ever♥️

I haven't suggested any cast for this story. You can imagine the suitable cast as per your wish.