Chapter - 3

The sky was bright and clear. It's blue colour was more attractive, which Harika admired from her room windows. It was her first day in her college. She woke up early in the morning and felt the blissful moment. Her heart jumped in excitement realising that she is going to achieve her dream. When she was admiring the blue sky, her mobile buzzed. She took that and found it's from her mom. She happily attended the call.

"Hello mom! How are you?" She greeted happily. "I'm fine honey! How are you?" She replied with same sweetness. "I'm fine mom! Missing you!" Harika replied truly. "I miss you too honey! I hope you love your college and your hostel room is comfortable?" She asked.

"Yes mom! I love this place and everything seems so beautiful" Harika replied with joy. "Ok honey! Take care and I wish you all the best!" She wished her making her more happy. Harika ended the conversation and packed her bag.

She stepped into her college with several dreams and determination to win.

New institute, new friends, new environment but she was exited most about my her studies and wished for a peaceful environment. As she thought she got one.

She got a good room with beautiful view of sunrise and a perfect sweet roommate Varsha. Varsha was a cute, lovely, quiet inteligent girl. They both become very good friends because of their unique nature. Harika liked Varsha as she never interrupted her for any kind of unwanted things and she behaved more matured enough making her happy.

Even here, she never made any friend other than Varsha. She concentrated on her studies and she hardly interact with or people as she spent most of her time in libraries. She loved her college life more than she expected. Varsha turned out as a very good friend of Harika. She never had any friends in her school days but here she needed one and she got her so easily.

Since it was her first year, she was more conscious about her lectures. She didn't miss any of her lectures.

She visited Ruby's house once a month as she doesn't want to disappoint the loving soul. But to her surprise, everytime when she visits Ruby's house Adhi was also there. Harika thought it was a coincidence but Karthik had reasons for that.

It was a Sunday, Harika visited Ruby's house that weekend. Ruby happily treated her with more care. She cooked her favourite foods and arranged the table. Harika, sitting in the garden listened to her favourite songs.

Adhi admired her from his room window. He had a beautiful smile on his face. He couldn't help but his heart beats multiplied everytime when his eyes lands on her beautiful face. He longed to see her and will be waiting for the day to meet her in person.

Ruby noticed his behaviour and guessed his mind. Ruby loves Harika and she always treated her like her own daughter. She feared that Adhi's wishes might bring conflict with her best friend. She prayed nothing like that should happen.

"Hari! Shall we go out somewhere?" Adhi asked casually sitting next to her. "Yeah Adhi! I'm feeling bored too!" She accepted and they both visited the nearby coffee shop. Harika enjoyed her coffee in that misty evening. They both talked about some random stuffs and returned home around 7 in the evening.

Ruby served their dinner and they had some good time chatting about Harika's college and Ruby's new book stall.
.
.

It is been a week, Harish took up his grandfather's responsibilities.

Gowri and Raghuveer was very happy that Harish changed his mind soon. He managed the company well.

Days passed, and it was his grandmother's twenty fifth death anniversary. The entire family was in grief. Gowri cried remembering the fateful day. She felt like everything happened so soon and her happiness shattered infront of her eyes.

Harish sat near her wheelchair and held her arms. "Mom! Atleast now tell me! What happened in our family and why our entire happiness vanished in a day. Why grandma left us? I know something bad happened in our life but why that changed as a tragedy. At that time I was too young so I couldn't understand the situation. Now please tell me what exactly happened?" Harish asked hoping that she will give the answer for the question which is eating his mind all those days.

Gowri took a deep breath. "Harish! You know that your grandmother died and that death is not normal. She died because of heart break she had which shattered our entire family.

Karthik! He is not just my brother but also my first son. I loved my brother more than anything in this world and our life was like a heaven on this earth. My father was very strict and he never allowed us to use his name and fame in this society. He wanted us to be independent and to stand in our own legs.

We both stayed in hostel when we did our schooling and college. He made us stronger in this crucial society. Though he is strict, he never stopped our enjoyments within our family. Everytime when me and my brother visit home, my entire house will be like a mini heaven.

Everything went perfect in our life. My mom loved my brother more and she never give up on him. She fought with my dad for joining him in the boarding school and college. She wished to keep him near her everytime but my dad was very sure about his decision.

He made us understand importance of money and the struggle of a common man in this society. My brother is the junior version of my dad. He had several similar qualities of my dad and he never showed up his financial status or family background among his friends. He was very jovial and a lovely personality.

Everything was happy until she entered into my brother's life. I clearly remember that day. It was my marriage. Our home was filled with all our relatives and friends. My brother took up every responsibility and helped my dad in every arrangements.

That time he was in his second year of bachelor's degree. My dad waited for him to complete his graduation and took up his company. He was very confident about my brother.

That day, Karthik came to my room and he said that he has something important to say with me. I was very curious about that and asked what was the matter. His face turned bright and he had a shy smile all over his face where I guessed something.

"Who is the girl?" I asked reading his mind. His face turned more brighter even now I remember his face. "She is Harini! My college mate. My junior! I met her few months ago and something in her really made me fall in love with her. I proposed her last week. She asked time and yesterday she accepted my proposal" he replied with joy.

I was very happy for my brother and wished him all success in his life. I prayed for his happiness.

"Have you said this with mom and dad?" I asked, "no Gowri! It's not the correct time to discuss about my marriage. I'll talk with them when the right time comes! Until then you keep this as a secret" he said smiling.

"Okay! Show me the girl! I really want to see her who made my brother blush like a newly married bride" I asked with a smile, he happily opened his gallery and my eyes twinkled seeing that beautiful girl. She looked cute and I thought she would be the perfect match for my brother. I Congratulated him and we never discussed about that with our parents.

Days passed happily, my brother said he is happy with his love and they both were living together. I asked him to be happy and also to open up about this to my parents. He agreed as his studies got over that year. He said he will marry Harini once her studies got completed. I felt happy for him.

But the tragedy happened after that incident. Which we never expected and that shattered my entire family.

“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”

Victor Hugo

Hi friends,

Third chapter of "Miracle of my life" is updated. Do read and give me your views on this story ♥️