Chapter - 9

Days passed,

Harika got back to her routine life. She investigated and found that her seniors planned to trap her in the forest and made her lost her way in the forest. Harika filed a police compliant against them and they were dismissed from the college.

"Harika today we are going to Institute of Mental Health (IMH) in Kilpauk. To get lectures and demonstrations on Mental Health and wellbeing. So get ready" Varsha informed. Harika nodded and got ready happily.

She will be more eager to learn new things everytime. She got ready and joined her team.

They reached the hospital in next few hours. Their chief doctor started his lecture and Harika listened everything with keen interest.

"Doctor! The patient in 101 turned furious again. He is not taking his medication and tried to attack the room boy. We couldn't control him" a nurse mumbled nervously.

"Ok! Let me come with you" he replied and walked with her in hurry. Harika noticed everything and she too followed them. They reached the room in the first floor and Harika found that was the isolated ward in that floor.

She was very keen to know about the patient. But the doctor locked the room once he is in. Harika waited for them near the door. The doctor came after half an hour.

He was surprised to see Harika waiting outside. "Why are you waiting here?" He asked, "Doctor, if you permit me then I'll meet the patient" she asked with hesitation.

"No Harika! I can't permit you. He is not a normal patient. He is very critical and sometimes even I couldn't control him. He was affected with severe mental disorder and it's not safe for you to meet him" he neglected her request.

"But being a doctor, it's our duty to treat every patient" Harika said calmly. "Harika! He is not a common patient, he is very dangerous. Even a experienced doctor fears to handle him. You visited this place for your training. So better stay safe and don't involve in these kind of critical cases" her chief doctor advised.

"I think now you injected him some madicine and he must be sleeping now. I just want to see him and his medical records. Please Doctor!" She requested. "Ok! Don't make it late! He might open his eyes anytime. Even these sleeping pills and anaesthesia won't work on him sometime" he warned her before she enter his room. The quite room mate her more anxious.

The only sound in the room was from the monitor connected to the patient. She slowly reached near the patient. She found him on the bed with his closed eyes.

The man in the bed not looked so old, might be in his fifties. His heart beats were monitored by a cardiac monitor.

His skin is so fragile and his face expressed the rage even in his unconscious state making her more concerned. His eyes were closed but she found movement in his closed eyes.  

His hair was smoky-grey and she rarely found few silver hair. She gazed his face and she felt why he should face these hard life, she really pitied his life.

She saw his medical records and was shocked to find that he was hospitalized for more than twenty years. She started feeling bad for his fate. "But why he didn't get cured yet?" She thought and decided to enquire about that with her chief doctor.

She took some notes and turned to leave that place but was jerked hearing a loud noise. She turned and found him awake with burning eyes. His hands were bleeding since he broke the trips bottle attached to his hand.

Harika's eyes filled with horror seeing his deadly eyes but next moment she was shocked seeing his bleeding hands. She rushed towards him and took away the needle carefully, her eyes reflected the affection and care. But he was not in the state to notice those affection from people.