9

"You did what?!" Hannah Forbes had shouted at her son, Jace Mikaelson

"It was just one punch..," Her son had replied to her shout. 

Due to the boy being a werewolf, his temper tended to flare at inappropriate times. In this case, it was in the middle of their football practice. Some kids in the school had some side comments about Jace, and it had led to Jace punching one of the boys who was talking about him.

With Jace being one of the older kids, Hannah had expected him to be much more mature about what the kids were saying. Though, she knew that with Klaus in town, things were a lot more complicated.

"Hon, is this about your dad?" Hannah asked hesitantly. 

Hannah knew that even though Jace says that he is okay, he would not be until he talks to someone about it. Even though Jace was mature about who father was, and the story of why he is not in his life, Jace did long for the feeling of having a father figure. 

The closest father figure that Jace had is Alaric, and to him it was not enough. 

"You can't handle everything by punching your way through it. Life is not that simple," Hannah had attempted to speak in a calm manner to her son Jace. 

She wanted to understand where all of this is coming from, though, she had somewhat of an idea. She knew that the subdued werewolf genes within him were going to start coming out at one point, even though he has not killed a human being yet. 

Though, there were some things that Hannah, as a mother, cannot begin understand. Also, since Hannah had other children to take care of, it was difficult to manage every child's needs.

"I know mom, I know," Jace replied.

Jace had still wanted a father figure, and it was not as though a bunch of father figures for falling out from trees. This newfound anger had come from the idea that his father was in town.

 The father that Jace had only heard of from his mother, not one that he had even met. 

Not meeting him might be something that was connected as it is to his uncontrolled anger. Though, a lot of his anger came from the belief that his father had abandoned him. 

Though, that was not exactly the case, but it was close enough as Hannah could tell him to the truth.

Jace had the firm belief that whatever had happened between the two of them had really broken his mom. She hadn't been in a relationship since the day he was born. Couple dates here and there, nothing too serious. It was as though she was torturing herself, for not being ideal. Believing that she was the one who had made the mistake.

Though, that was far from the case.