The Dark Truth

Mr Walter's PoV

I sat down at my wooden desk in my study as I thought back to Monday night. I smiled as I remembered each student go up and select their elements on my latest invention, all of them none the wiser as to what they were really doing.

No doubt the powers they had unknowingly selected had presented themselves to each student. I could only imagine their reactions, which I would have paid big money to see. I leaned back in my chair, pleased with myself.

Now came the tricky part.

There was no way I could go back to the session as me- they knew by now that I wasn't the real tutor. Instead, I would have to find a way to pose as him without raising any suspicion.

There was only one thing I could do.

Become him.

You see, these children had more power than they thought. Of course they all had their different powers, but, like me, if they used their powers in the right way, each one of them could now move into another person's body, leaving theirs behind.

And yes, by "used in the right way", I meant either using them to murder someone, or to aid a murder.

Of course, I knew that they wouldn't be up for killing right away, but I thought I could ease into the idea, explain to them that they could literally become anyone they want. Slowly they will warm up to the idea. And if not, I'm sure a little persuasion won't hurt.

I chuckled.

Let the fun begin.