16

MARCH 27, 2019

Music flooded her ears.

In her dreams, she was standing on the beach, eyes looking out to the vast sea beyond her. The wind was mercilessly blowing her hair, the coldness bringing a stinging feeling to her goosebumped skin. All the while, she didn't move - just stood still while her gaze was fixated on the scenery in front of her.

She licked her lips and was momentarily surprised when she tasted something salty. When she brought her hand up, she realized that she was crying, but the reason... she didn't know. Hastily, she wiped her tears and looked back out again, only to see the same tear-filled eyes staring back at her.

With a jolt, Lalisa suddenly sat up on her bed and immediately placed her hands on her head. She had been seeing the same dream for days and it was giving her a headache. It was just a dream. Dreams don't have meanings. Nothing's going to happen.

Still sleepy, she rubbed her droopy eyelids as her other hand tried to find her phone amidst the sheets.

Today was their rest day as it was her birthday. This was one of the good things of celebrating it, since their company was kind enough to give the girls a break whenever it was a member's special day. Though they don't do much, sleeping the entire day was already a gift for Lalisa.

She checked the time: 5:42 am. No practices for today. No rehearsals. Time to-

Her bedroom door suddenly burst open and the three of her members came in. Respectively: an overexcited Jisoo holding a chocolate flavored cake, looking as if she woke up hours ago, Chaeyoung with tangles in her hair, indicating that she just woke up, and Jennie, eyes barely open but still managing to smile despite her state. It was too cute to look at.

"Happy birthday, Lisa! Happy birthday, Lisa! Happy birthday, happy birthdaaaaaaaay," They sang - Jisoo being the loudest, Chaeyoung trying her best to exert energy into the song, and Jennie yawning every two seconds, "Happy birthday, Lalisaaa!"

"You guys shouldn't have." Her voice came out raspy and hearing it made her clear her throat, "Thank you so much!" She smiled brightly and they all came to hug her - Jisoo leaving the cake at her bedside table.

"I had to wake up as soon as I can, you know." Jennie spoke, voice tired and eyes closed. "I rarely do this, but when it's for my members," She scoffed, "I'd wake up without a second thought."

Chaeyoung snorted, "Yeah, right, unnie. That wasn't what you said during Jisoo's birthday." The memory came back to her - Chaeng and her dragging Jennie out of bed just so they could greet Jisoo a happy birthday while she was thrashing like a madman. Instead of surprising the birthday girl, she surprised them instead as she heard Jennie's screams.

"Stop bickering now, children. Let's have Lisa make a wish." Jisoo held the cake again in front of her, and beamed excitedly, "Go on, make a wish, Lis!"

Lisa closed her eyes while snickering. I wish I would go to the right path and be successful this year. She blew the candle and at the same time, her members covered their noses.

"God, Lali, your breath stinks." Jennie gave her a disgusted look. "We should've let her brush her teeth before we gave her this, you know."

The birthday girl smirked, "Oh yeah?" She asked and within a second, smeared icing to the half of Jennie's face. "Got you."