Chapter 1: Joining FML Club

< she was a storm that
complained about the rain >

-Atticus.

Aria's Pov:

Groaning seems to be the reasonable reaction for whenever my exceedingly loud alarm goes off.
I wish my alarm was a 1D song.
You know that one annoying siren alarm? The one where nobody in the right mind would put? Yup, that's mine.

Remind me again why did I ever find the idea of waking up at 5:30 every morning to train to be a good one?
Like seriously, what is wrong with me?!

Ok, time to be the hulk and smash the living hell out of my alarm clock.

I wake up looking like a monster from The Walking Dead, nothing new, to hop into the bathroom to start a quick shower. I finish showering, brushing my teeth and washing my face *all the morning routine stuff* in approximately half an hour.

After 1 hour of morning workout in my gym room at home I head to my bedroom to take yet another obnoxious shower.
This time, dressing up for business attire to go to the company.

My family owns Armington Inc. , a company which specializes in armery and weaponry.
Don't worry though, I'm not Jack Reacher assassin type, though I was taught to fight and shoot a gun. I work in Business Administration after I graduated last year from university, a prestigious one might I add.

I finished school while I was still 17, perks of being born towards the end of the year, and attended uni for 4 years.
My best friend Luna attended med school in order to fight aliens. Kidding. Why would someone attend med school? Obviously to become a doctor/ nurse of some type.

I step out of my black matte Lamborghini, my 21st birthday present from my dad and start my way to the company.

I dash inside the elevator, my french designed acrylic nails pressing the 34 floor button.

My father, Richard Armington, is the CEO of Armington Inc. , creativity and originality laughing ironically. He got the position passed down through his own father as the legacy continues. Nope, still not Jason Bourne's legacy.

I wish I got to continue Matt Damon's legacy though..

And the award for the single-est single goes to...
Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Aria Armington!

Have I mentioned I'm a movie nerd? Well, more like a freak but you get the idea.

I go to my dad's office, knocking on the door politely showcasing professionalism as in this place he's considered my boss, not dad.

"Good morning " I say chirpily as I catch him sitting behind his wide desk going through some files.

"Hey darling, come in" he smiles lovingly at me, gesturing with his hand for me to enter.

"My assistant told me you requested me first thing in the morning, what's it about?"
I ask him curiously. I'm most certainly not the one to beat around the bush.

"Yes, take a seat. We have some things to discuss." He says and I try not to notice the anxiousness radiating through his body, but fail.

"Dad, you're practically sweating more than me when I workout. Just spill out whatever you're holding in " I encourage him to tell me whatever has got him significantly tense.

"Look, sweetheart. You'll probably end up hating me by the end of this. But you have to understand I had no other option " he's justifying his next words in advance. Shit is about to hit the fan.

Before he gets the chance to reveal this massive secret he's been holding for god knows how long, a knock on the door gains both of our attention.

He sighs. Whether in agitation or relief, is beyond my ability to decipher. Seems like a bit of both if you ask me.

Dad's secretary, Gretchen, a woman with red curly hair and brown eyes *Mean Girls anyone?* stands politely by the door.
" Mr. Armington, Mr. Velez is here to meet with you"

I took this as my que to leave, not having any reason to stay while dad talked boring business with Mr. Velez.
Just as I was about to get up from my chair, dad motions for me to remain seated. I give him a questioning look but shrug it off. Maybe he'd like to introduce me to his business partner that was his colleague in uni back in the day.

A few moments later, walks in a man in his late fifties, white hair like my dad's gracing his head.
He has brown eyes and a not-so-light-not-so-dark-either complexion. My best guess about his lineage is he's either Italian or Spanish descendant. Last time I checked, Velez wasn't an Italian surname.

He solemnly takes steady steps, as if walking straight into battlefield. Fazed by no one and nothing at all.

He takes a seat on the opposite side of dad's desk, across from me not before shaking my father's hand firmly.

He then shakes my hand in his " You must be Aria?" His eyes soften while talking to me with an unmistakable glimmer shining.

I smile slightly and nod, confused as to how this man came to learn my name.
"Yes, I'm Aria Armington, pleasure to meet you sir".

He chuckles lightly, addressing me in his next words " I can't wait for you to become my daughter in law"

At first, I think this is a joke, but then the only sound in the room is my laughter.
Why aren't they laughing?

I immediately look into my father's eyes, silently questioning him about Mr. Velez's comment.

Oh shit, is this why he was so nervous earlier about telling me something.

My father smiles an easily fake smile while saying "Aria, this decision was made for both our companies' interests. I'm sure you've heard of Velez Industries, we made a deal to merge both our companies to increase our profits after our sales declined due to gun laws. You and his son Nickolas will be marrying".

It took me a moment to register what he's said into my gobsmacked brain.
My mouth hangs agape, wondering when is Ashton Kutcher walking in saying "You've just got PUNKD' "

Sad reality, Ashton Kutcher didn't show up.

What should I do now?

Number one on my to do list: Join Hannah Baker and Jessica Davis's FML club, Aka Fuck my life club.

•••

A/N:

What do you think for a first chapter?

Nickolas's PoV is up next...

Like, comment, vote, share❣️
Live,Love,Pray *smirks in movie language