Chapter 15: Against My Better Gudgement

<  talk to you with my hands tied,
walk towards you on a fine line  >

-NF

Nickolas's PoV:

You know what sucks?
Global warming and climate change.

You know what sucks even more?
Being called a cheater when I haven't even thought about anyone else since I met her.

Aria thinks I'm a playboy. That I have this lifestyle of sleeping with a different girl every day.
Rumors spread out like a wildfire, and the funny thing is that most of them is not true.

This last week I've been picking Andrè up from different bars in town, seemingly drinking is his coping mechanism with his girlfriend cheating on him.

Isn't it ironic ?
I'm being accused of cheating, all while helping my friend whose girlfriend cheated on him?

I've not said a word about this to Aria because I promised Andrè that no one would know about it.
He's so broken that he keeps getting drunk to drown his sorrows and I'm the one who gets stuck making sure he doesn't fall into trouble.

This last week, a lot has happened and I know I might've neglected Aria, but there's just too much on my plate right now. Especially with the upcoming merge of the companies.

Tonight she kissed the living shit out of me.
Twice.
And the worst part is that I liked it.
Both times.

I didn't expect her to get mad at the party tonight, knowingly if anything went on further I would've stopped it.
I'm not even interested in other girls right now.

I've set my eyes on her. And she never ceases to amaze me every time.

She's the type of person that doesn't take shit from anyone. Knows her worth and isn't settling for any less.
All which makes me want her even more.

I'm in my car right now, driving aimlessly in circles.
When she said she doesn't sleep with cheaters, and I said I'm going to prove her right by sleeping with someone else and stormed off, I obviously didn't mean it.

She can be a lot to handle, unapproachable sometimes. Still no excuse to sleep with someone else.

I regret what I said. I wish time could rewind to that moment so I could take it back.

Should I go back to the house now?

She probably doesn't want to see my face right now.
She probably hates me.

•••

I ignore my better judgment that indicates that giving her space is the right decision.

If I give her space, she'll think that I actually don't care and I'll lose her forever.
(A/N: space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close.. oh oh 🎼)

So I make my way home, hoping she'll understand that what I said was in the heat of the moment.

I park the car, and climb off, walking towards the door unlocking it.
I hope she's still up.