Chapter 9: Just Following Protocol

< we hide our feelings,
but forgot that eyes speak >

-ThinkingMindsPage.

Nickolas's PoV:

I feel some weight stirring on me. And the smell of mangoes infiltrates my nostrils.

Mangoes?
Am I in Latin America?
Cuba? Peru?

Last time I checked I was still in the U.S .
Ok then.

I flutter my eyes open and it takes time to comprehend the sight in front of my eyes.
Aria is laying completely on top of me, like not spooning me or cuddling even.
All her weight is on my body symmetrically.

Her legs are sprawled out on mine, her chest facing my chest and her head is on my throat. With her hands hugging my shoulders in a possessive matter and my hands are around her slim waist.

How the hell did we end up in this compromising position?

Last thing I remember from last night was me laying on the bed while she was still in the bathroom.

She stirs a bit, and I can finally figure out where the smell of fresh mangoes is coming from. It's her hair that is cascading down the side of my neck.
Her breath is tingling my cells but I find it comforting.

How can I wake up when there's a human Koala bear snuggling me like I'm the last leaf of eucalyptus on the planet?

She stirs more this time and lifts her head while fluttering her eyes open.
Our chins are touching, and our lips would be too if it weren't for a few agonizing centimeters getting in the way of a good morning kiss with her.

When she opens her emerald eyes, they widen in shock and horror at the close proximity of our bodies, especially our lips.
I also notice the tiniest bit of light freckles on her nose and under her eyes.

I'm transfixed by greenery when she deprives me from the captivating sight by closing her eyes and retreating. My body already misses her heat.
My hands are forced to move from their new favorite spot, her waist, and she gets up looking furious.

"How the hell did we end up like this?" She asks with intimidation and annoyance taking over her tone.

I chuckle at how her cheeks get pink when she's mad, she looks cute.
"I don't know cream-cheeks, you tell me"
I now bring both of my hands under my resting head in an amusing and challenging action.

"Last thing I remember was that I was the one who was asleep first" mentioning facts to intimidate your opponent is a good strategy.

Her cheeks flush in crimson red at my accusation that she's the instigator, the one who took the initiative.
Though, I'm ninety percent sure it happened by accident. I wanted to tease her about it, seeing how she would react.

Now that She's standing up, I get a good look at what she's dressed in.

Want some help taking off those shorts?

"What are you insinuating?
It obviously happened unintentionally" as I expected. First step : Deny all accusations.

"If you dare to even think otherwise I'll kill you" her cute little ass thinks she's intimidating and serious with threatening me. Step 2 : Threaten your opponent.

"You already did, in case you hadn't noticed I was suffocating underneath you for god knows how long" not really though. Her physique is smaller than mine by a big portion, plus she doesn't weigh that much.

It's just funny guilt shaming her into thinking she was committing manslaughter while asleep.

She looks calmer now that I convinced her it was her fault, she brings her glance to look me straight in the eyes "Umm, I'm sorry" she mumbles fast and then follows protocol step 3 : Flea the crime scene.
And I'm left at the bed bemused watching her retreating figure to the bathroom.

Ten minutes pass and the sound of the shower head dying off pulls me back into reality. She just finished her shower.

Was it her intention to not take clothes or did she want to skyrocket my heartbeat, stepping out with nothing but a towel?
Either way it's clearly working.

She steps aside the closet pulling clothes out and then scurries away back to the bathroom like a haunted deer.

Five minutes later she steps out of the bathroom, fog and mist escaping to the room.

After she leaves the room, I take it as my chance to shower and freshen up.

The moment I lay foot in the bathroom, my nose gets a whiff of her shampoos, the mangoes one standing out distinguishably and I make a mental note to buy the entire stocking of this specific kind.

After I finished my shower and dressed in a casual t shirt and jeans, I descend the stairs silently looking for where she might be.

I find her in the kitchen, going through the contents of the fridge like a starved raccoon.

"Ugh, don't you have something edible in this house?" She grunts annoyed.

Yes, you.

I wanted to say but refrained.

She had a point, I really do need to go grocery shopping.

"Ok, get ready. We're going on our first official trip for the grocery store " I declare with a sense of humor.

"Don't we um, have work? You know, running a multi-billionaire company?" Her eyebrows are raised expectantly.

"Funny babe, do you really think we're going to work after our wedding night? Anyways, we got the week off and if there's anything urgent you can always work from your home office " by the look on her face I can say that she's surprised to hear about her home office.

"Well if you let me finish the house tour yesterday, you wouldn't look so surprised" I beat her to it before she can say anything.

I just entirely shrugged off the fact that I called her 'babe' unknowingly, and took the car keys from my pocket and got out with her following hot on my trail.

•••

A/N:

My babies are growing up .!!!!

Whoever is reading this. I love you❤️

If you found this chapter adorable and cute, vote and comment ❣️