Chapter 8: Beggars Can't Be Choosers

< it's in the eyes.
Always in the eyes >

-ThinkingMindsPage.

Aria's PoV:

Describing today as busy, hectic and eventful would be an understatement.

I'm fucking tired that I just want to go to sleep.

After what feels like an eternity, Nickolas finally pulls up to a house on the out skirts of town.

I must admit, it looks really modern and contemporary.
Also I've noticed not a single house resides in a 3 mile radius.

Serial killer alert... just kidding.
.
.
.
I hope so.

He opens my door and we make our way to the house with him taking the lead and me trailing behind quietly.

He introduces me to where every room is located and after I yawn for the hundredth time in a row, he finally gets the hint that I'm tired and want to sleep.

He finally wraps up the house tour and leads me upstairs.

He opens a room, and I hold myself from crashing at the bed immediately.

Behave, Aria.

"This is our bedroom. Your clothes are already in the closet, as well as your toiletries in the bathroom " he says motioning towards the closet and the bathroom.

Wait, what does he mean our bedroom?

"Wait, what do you mean our bedroom?" I voice my worries with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows accompanied by a scrunched nose.

"There's only one bedroom in this house. Where else would you sleep, cream-cheeks?"

"Umm, I thought th-that I'd be having my own bedroom ".

"Nope, we're married now, don't couples share beds?" He asks audaciously making my temper rise and blood fume with anger and agitation.

He knows full on that we're not like any couple.
By now, I really don't care. I just want to sleep and I don't mind sleeping on the same bed as him as long as he keeps his hands to himself.

"Fine, but you keep your hands to yourself !" I threaten with my index finger pointed in his direction, my eyes glaring in a not-so-successfully-intimidating way.

He raises his hands in mock surrender with a smile residing on his drool worthy face.

I need to change out of my wedding gown ASAP. I feel like I'm suffocating in the itchy material.

He goes into the bathroom after picking out clothes from the closet, I'm guessing to change his suit and shower and to give me some privacy to change.

I take off my painstakingly high heels, feeling my feet free sends a sense of relief jolting in my tired body. I let my hand go through my hair a couple of times and go next for the dress.

A couple of minutes pass by, and I still can't reach the zipper in the back of the dress to take it off.
I huff and puff like a 4 year old, getting agitated with the situation.

Then, the bathroom door opens revealing Nick with shorts and no shirt on.
His hair wet, chest dripping water.

Them abs look edible..

He notices my obvious struggles and strides towards me. His one hand is on my back while the other fidgets with the zipper. My entire back covers with chills at the contact.

"What are you doing?" I curse myself for my voice coming out whisper like, quivering under his touch.

"Here you go" he says when the sound of the zippier being pulled down fills the room. Then, his firm hand leaves my back and he climbs into the bed and slips under the soft covers.

I hold my relatively weighted dress in one hand, while the other picks out an outfit to sleep. I grab some shorts and a loose shirt and make my way to the bathroom.

The hot water hitting my tense muscles is the best feeling in the world right now.
I soak my hair with my tropical fruits scented shampoo and scrub my body with coconut body wash.

After I'm done, I turn off the shower head and step outside grabbing a towel and drying myself off.
I open the cream colored cabinet under the sink, and true to his word, all my toiletries are here. I smear lotion delicately onto my skin.

Then, I get dressed and retreat back to the large bedroom to stumble upon a sleeping Nickolas.

Phew. I guess it's in my favor.

I climb in the enormous bed slowly, careful not to wake him up in the process and get under the covers.

The sheets smell of masculine cologne, but beggars can't be choosers.
With a new life, comes new bedsheet scent.

The moment my head hits the insanely comfortable pillow, my eyes close off drifting to instantaneous sleep.

•••

A/N:

Day one...
What do you expect happens tomorrow??

If you liked this chapter, vote and comment ❣️