LXXXV ; bottom of the river

* * *

            THE CURIOUS THING ELARA'S NOTICED WITH BEING THE SAVIOR, PROTECTER, PRAEDO MALORUM, OR WHATEVER ONE WOULD WANT TO CALL IT, ITS THAT PEOPLE TREAT YOU LIKE YOU'RE DELICATE. not delicate like a flower, as one might think, but delicate like a bomb. ever since she arrived home, her parents have treated her like she's some. . . . diety. it's weird. she just wanted everything to be normal before she jets off to be trained by an ancient force of magic, the vocar ad feram, or as elara calls her, anya. elara would've preferred if her last days before stepping into her responsibility be fun and filled with nostalgia, but alas, they were not. andromeda and ted would not stop 'babying her and driving her so fucking insane that she might commit arson', as elara so delicately puts it in her letters to harry, ron, and hermione. elara loves her parents with all her heart, but its driving her crazy.

            nymphie hasn't been around to cheer up the atmosphere like usual, either. since sirius died, she's been experiencing what some call survivor's guilt. her usual bright, bubble-gum pink hair has turned to a mousy brown. she barely leaves her apartment, only coming over when elara gets down on her hands and knees and begs.

           so, elara's summer hasn't been great so far. her nerves have only multiplied, and to top it all off, she's able to stay conscious now during visions. its freaky and almost overwhelming. she's aware of two lifelines at once. she can hear everything around her in the real world and in the dream world. the first time it happened, she passed out. its not exactly a step up from what it had been before.

            her letters to harry, ron, and hermione were vague. elara hated not being able to tell them where she's going or why she won't be able to stay in contact with them, but anya had insisted. apparently, elara had grown too attached to the world around her, in anya's opinion, and elara needed to detach herself from it.

            the letters from hermione always made elara nervous. every other sentence was filled with worry and it freaked elara out to the point where she just stopped reading them and only responded with letters that had nothing to do with the original. to top it off, hermione wouldn't send any candy, claiming; 'it sounds like you're going to a military esque camp. you best stay healthy.' 

            ron's letters were more fun to read. instead of concern, ron seemed to be enjoying life. he always found ways to slight elara. when not doing that, he'd send new nicknames for umbridge, rita skeeter, filch, snape, and everyone else the pair of them hated. ron send hordes of candy along with pie packages from mrs. weasley.