𝐂𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ━━ O, Cursed Child ﹙Epilogue﹚

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𝐎, 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃

𝐎, 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first of September was crisp and golden as an apple, and as the little family bobbed across the rumbling road toward the great sooty station, the fumes of car exhausts and the breath of pedestrians sparkled like cobwebs in the cold air.

Two large cages rattled on top of the laden trolleys the parents were pushing; the owls inside them hooted indignantly, and the redheaded girl trailed tearfully behind her brothers, clutching her mother's arm.

"It won't be long, and you'll be going too," Elara told her.

"Two years," sniffed Nymphie. "I want to go now!"

Her hair turned the slightest blue to reflect her melancholy mood.

The commuters stared curiously at the owls as the family wove its way toward the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Remus's voice drifted back to Elara over the surrounding clamor; her sons had resumed the argument they had started in the car.

"I won't! I won't be in Slytherin!"

"James, give it a rest!" said Harry.

"I only said he might be," said James, grinning at his younger brother. "There's nothing wrong with that. He might be in Slyth —"

But James caught Elara's eye and fell silent. The five Potters approached the barrier. With a slightly cocky look over his shoulder at his younger brother, James took the trolley from his mother and broke into a run. A moment later, he had vanished.

"You'll write to me, won't you?" Remus asked his parents immediately, capitalizing on the momentary absence of his brother.

"Every day, three letters a day," deadpanned Elara.

"Not every day," said Remus quickly. "James says most people only get letters from home about once a month."

"We wrote to James three times a week last year," said Harry.

"And you don't want to believe everything he tells you about Hogwarts," Elara put in. "He likes a laugh, your brother."

Side by side, they pushed the second trolley forward, gathering speed. As they reached the barrier, Remus winced, but no collision came. Instead, the family emerged onto platform nine and three-quarters, which was obscured by thick white steam that was pouring from the scarlet Hogwarts Express.

Indistinct figures were swarming through the mist, into which James had already disappeared.

"Where are they?" asked Remus anxiously, peering at the hazy forms they passed as they made their way down the platform.