one

[ edited ]

Ariella Swan sighed as she boarded the Hogwarts Express, knowing this was probably going to be the last time that she would ride the train. You see, Ariella was already finished with her studies in Hogwarts, she had already finished her seventh year of attending the wizarding school. Grief filled her as she thought of what happened in this school year. Her best friend died, the wizarding world's greatest enemy has returned (at least according to Harry Potter, and she believed Harry Potter), and on top of all that, in the Muggle World, she was still a minor, which meant that she would still have to stay at her parents' or a guardians' house at least.

From the little that Ariella knows, Renee had already remarried to a guy named Phil, who travels around a lot. They, meaning Renee and her twin sister, Isabella Swan, would be moving to Jacksonville, but much to Ariella's surprise, Isabella told Renee that she would like to move in with Charlie. Their father.

It wasn't exactly hidden. Nor did Isabella try to conceal it. Ariella knows this as well. She knows that Bella completely hated her. The brunette witch understood in some way, but the best solution to their problem would be sticking close to each other so that they don't drift apart. Bella did the exact opposite.

Ariella stared blankly at the window, observing the quick blue of green landscapes passing by. After a minute or two, she took out her journal, and wrote diligently about the last year that had gone by and her thoughts about everything that was happening, pouring her feelings onto the small notebook. School was not hard for Ariella, truth be told, she was the smartest one, even smarter than Hermione Granger. She was placed in Ravenclaw for a reason, one of them being her wits. She was also a favorite of the teachers, so none of them have her a hard time. To everyone else, Ariella was the perfect role model. Prefect, Head Girl, Potions Mistress, and Valedictorian Graduate of Hogwarts.

Yet as much as she was admired, this placed a rather odd expectation on her back, which always pushed Ariella to do her best, even though she's already way past her limit. Because she was labeled as a perfect woman, a perfect girl, Ariella strived to be the person they see the most. She sighed as she shook the thoughts away from her mind.

Instead, Ariella thought of poor Harry Potter. Still in his fourth year but dragged into this mess just because he was 'The Boy Who Lived'. She kept in mind the thought and the images of her best friend, Cedric Diggory who died because of Lord Voldemort. She clenched her hand in anger, if only she was there, if only she had been able to protect him. Grief filled her once more. Ariella looked around and was surprised to see that they had already arrived at Kings Cross Station. She dragged her trunk out and waited for Harry, Ron, and Hermione to come out. Upon spotting them, she waved her hand frantically to catch their attention. Successfully doing so, the Golden Trio walked over to Ariella Swan.

"It's going to be different without you there, Ari," Hermione said, saddened that Ariella was already graduating and leaving Hogwarts.

"Well, it's not as if I'm going to die," Ariella said, trying to lift up the mood. Ron cracked a small grin, but Harry and Hermione's face remained saddened. "Hey, come on, I'm still going to be here."

"Yeah, but not with us." Harry frowned.

"Listen, if anything happens, feel free to owl me. I'm always here, you understand?" Ariella said, squishing Harry's face between her hands. Ron and Hermione laughed while Harry tried to pry her hands off him. Removing her hands, Ariella laughed. "I've got to go, kiddos."

Groans echoes among the three students. Ariella smiled sadly at them. "I'm sorry, but I have a plane to catch. I . . . want to take a small break from apparating. Just -"

The trio glanced at one another, then back at Ariella, who was obviously fighting hard to not let her tears fall. They knew that she didn't like apparating because it reminded her of what happened in the graveyard in a way. Because if that cup hadn't been a portkey, then maybe it would have been fine and the Triwizard Champion would have been a peaceful and friendly completion.

Not that it was much friendly anyway.

Harry smiled tightly, reaching out a hand and placing it on top of Ariella's. The brunette forced her eyes to stare at his emerald green ones, which stared at her reassuringly. She sighed. "It really will be different not seeing you every morning, you know."

"It'll be different for us too." Ron smiled. "And I'm going to miss my big sister."

Ariella smiled brightly. "Well, be sure to send letters, alright? I'll be expecting letters."

The trio immediately chorused with a bunch of 'yes' and 'of course'. She glanced at the trio one more time before turning around and taking a cab towards the nearest muggle airport. As Ariella boarded the plane, there was only one thing she could think of.

'I sure do hope Forks would be normal. Well, as normal as can be with a witch.'