Chapter 34

Ariella raised her wand and said, "Crucio!"

James twisted in pain. He felt like he was burning. The golden mist floated from Ariella's hand to surround the writhing vampire. Ariella couldn't believe it. Here she was, Ariella Swan, using an Unforgivable Curse.

She lowered her wand, and ran towards James. It was then that Edward arrived. She seethed, "So you decide to arrive now, huh? Where the bloody hell is Carlisle?! Bella needs medical attention!"

Clenching James' head she moved to twist it, but was thrown. She landed in a wall, creating a small crater. She wasted no time in casting another spell and the vampire. "Get out of the way! Impedimenta!"

The vampire froze in his place, and before he could break free from the curse, Ariella yelled, "Reducto!"

He was disintegrated to ashes, and Jasper, Emmett, Alice and Rosalie quickly dashed towards the ashes to check if he's dead for sure. Ariella was barely given time to breath as she dashed towards her sister. "How is she?"

"James apparently bit her as he threw her to the wall." Carlisle explained. "The venom is in her blood, but there's still hope. Edward needs to suck the venom out."

"What the bloody hell are you waiting for you dingbat?!" Ariella snapped. "Do it!"

Edward's face twisted as he dipped down to suck the venom out of Bella's blood. Her screams filled the air. Ariella cringed. "Silencio."

Bella's mouth was still shaped in a scream, but there was no more sound emitting from her throat. Edward continued sucking her sister's blood, and after a few moments, Carlise said, "Edward, that's enough."

Edward continued. Ariella's face twisted. "Edward. Edward. CEDRIC! THAT'S ENOUGH!"

The bronze-haired vampire snapped out of his daze and quickly pulled away. Ariella shook her head.

- - -

"Mum! You're here!" Ariella exclaimed. "How've you been? With Phil and all?"

"I'm alright dear. I'm glad you're back." Renee smiled at her daughter. "Where's your sister?"

"Over here." Ariella showed her mother Bella's ward and Renee immediately dashed towards her youngest.

"Oh, God." Renee gasped. "What happened to her?"

"She fell off a flight of stairs. Then through a window." Carlisle came in the room and explained to Renee. "She has a concussion, and a few broken ribs."

"You know it's typical of Bella to fall off a flight of stairs, Mum." Ariella laughed. "She's always been so clumsy."

Renee laughed as well, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Yes, yes. Definitely."

"Don't cry, Mum. It'll be alright." Ariella reassured her mother. She was alarmed when her tattoo [which Dumbledore placed on her so that she knows when specific Order meetings are, like a Protean Charm, so similar to a Dark Mark] started to burn. "Uh, I'll have to leave soon, Mum. Things in London are getting hectic."

"Be back soon, sweetie." Renee couldn't help but be worried for oldest.

Ariella spun on her heel and walked out of the room. She quickly approached Jasper and surprised him by dragging him to a secluded area in the hospital. "I have to leave, witches and wizards need my help."

Jasper smashed his lips to hers. Ariella was slightly surprised, but she quickly kissed back, taking Jasper aback. With a dazed expression, Jasper said, "Be back soon for me, darlin'."

"Will be, love." Ariella took a step back and spun, disapparating from the hospital and apparating to Hogsmeade.

She quickly rushed to the Three Broomsticks, where she knew Minerva McGonagall would be. "Minerva! Minerva!"

McGonagall turned around and faced the brunette. It seemed as though the sunlight doesn't have the same effect on her as it does on the other vampires. It was like she was a hybrid. "What – Why are you here, Miss Swan?"

"Dumbledore." She breathed out. "Where's Dumbledore?"

McGonagall's eyes saddened, before hardening into anger. "You haven't heard?"

"No?" Ariella trailed off.

"Dumbledore has been overthrown by Umbridge."