Chapter 31

Ariella stared outside of the window, Bella sleeping at her side. The ride to Phoenix was fairly quiet, with Bella being asleep and whatnot. The brunette fiddled nervously with her wand, twirling it every now and then. Alice and Jasper had yet to say anything, and the silence in the car was silently suffocating her.

"How are you?" Jasper asked quietly. He wasn't oblivious, he was an empathy for Pete's sake. He could feel that Ariella was feeling uncomfortable with the looming silence and tension in the car.

"I'm alright, I guess." Ariella sighed. "It's just quite a lot to take in, you know? One moment, I think, hey, Cedric's dead. And then suddenly, Edward turns up and then he's like, surprise bitch, I'm not dead."

Alice giggled slightly at your wording. "I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but Carlisle found Edward in a hospital. He wasn't dead, but he wasn't exactly alive, either. He was just . . . barely hanging on."

Ariella's face dropped at the revelation. "That must have been when we desperately sent him to a muggle hospital without Amos knowing . . ."

"Do you regret it?" Jasper asked, turning around to face his mate. "Meeting Edward again, I mean. Do you regret it?"

"Not at all." Ariella shook her head. "Sure, I might be upset that he didn't even bother to send a letter or try to communicate with us. Or even just send a hint that he was alive, but it doesn't change the fact that he was my best friend and we shared lots of memories together. I was just hurt."

Jealousy flashed through the face of Jasper. Alice smiled at Ariella. "We understand, Ari. If we were going through what you are right now, we would probably react similarly."

Ariella smiled at the petite witch, missing the jealousy on her mate's face.

---

"What the hell, Bella?" Ariella shrieked, spotting her sister getting on a cab. "You're going to James?! Do you have a bloody death wish?! Merlin's bloody balls, I just couldn't have a normal sister, huh?!"

"He has Mom, Ariella!" Bella exclaimed. "And he warned me not to bring anyone!"

"He won't know that I'm there in the first place." Ariella said hastily, getting in the cab and momentarily dazzling the driver. "Get on with it. Drive."

The driver immediately followed her words, and Ariella glared at her sister. "Muffliato. Have you ever thought that maybe James was tricking you into believing that Mum was there? I understand your intentions, I really do, but bloody hell are you stupid, Bella."

Bella glared at Ariella. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. I'm stupid. But at least I'm making sure that Mom's safe."

Ariella sighed. Quickly, she cast, "Expecto Patronum."

The eagle erupted from the tip of her wand again, surprising Bella. Not wasting any more time, she told the eagle. "Deliver this message to Jasper Hale. Bella and I are in trouble. Follow the eagle."

The eagle bowed it's head, and Ariella followed suit. When it floated out of the window, Bella turned to her sister. "What was that?"

"That was a Patronus." Ariella replied simply. "I called for reinforcements."

"But James –" Bella protested.

"Simply took something from Villain 101." Ariella cut off. "Pretend to take one of the victim's loved ones and threaten him/her using said loved one. Kill victim as soon as within range."

"How the heck do you know that?" Bella asked incredulously.

Ariella winced. "You pick something up when you learn things from History."

---

[ here i present to you, another chapter! tada~! 

anyway, uh, you wouldn't mind right? uhm, i wanted to ask if anyone can make a cover for this story since the one i made sucks. if you can, feel free to slide into my instagram dm's, elishaarwynnepostrero.

also, i realized that i would never be able to finish this story by my own, so i'm currently looking for an editor, a co-writer and . . . yeah that's it. so if anyone can volunteer, please do. 

again, slide into my dm's at instagram, elishaarwynnepostrero.

i love ya, bubbas! mwah, for 20k! ]