Chapter Thirty

Anna was in Defence Against the Dark Arts trying to pay attention as Professor Quirrell taught them about vampires or ghouls or something. Whatever it was, he was clearly terrified of it but that was nothing new. Usually learning about a dark creature would be interesting but it was hard to take it seriously when the Professor looked like he'd rather be talking about anything else. It made Anna wonder why he even taught the subject, he certainly never looked like he was enjoying his job.

Her struggles for mindfulness were interrupted by a knock on the classroom door. It was Professor McGonagall and Anna could see a first year standing behind her. Quirrell looked alarmed at being interrupted, as if McGonagall had some awful news to tell him.

"Could I borrow Wood, Professor Quirrell?" McGonagall asked politely. This seem to relieve Quirrell, but not enough to get rid of his stutter.

"O-o-of course."

Wood left the class and the Professor continued on with the class. Anna seem to accept that the one small interruption would probably be the most interesting part of the class. It didn't take long for Oliver to return and he looked absolutely ecstatic when he did. Some people in the class were wondering what put him in such a good mood, Anna included.

Professor Quirrell stuttered his way through the rest of the class. Anna did her best to pay attention, knowing it would only be harder on her later when she would have to learn everything she missed. But that did not stop her from daydreaming on occasion.

Her and Darian went to leave once class had finished, neither of them really paying attention to what was going on around them, just wanting to get back to the Common Room as quickly as possible. Wanting to take a break after class or even try and get some homework done if they found the motivation. Since they were both off in their own little world, it took them longer than it should have to realise someone was trying to get Anna's attention.

"Anna! Hey Anna, wait up!"

Anna jumped a little when she realised a voice was calling out her name from behind her. She turned to see Oliver Wood, looking just as happy as he had since being called out of class.

"Can I help you?" She asked politely.

"Thank you!" Oliver beams. This did nothing but confuse Anna. Darian was standing not too far from her and he looked just as befuddled. Her mind started rapidly scanning through all her memories to find out what she had done that was deserving of praise, only to come up blank.

"Ahh Wh-what for?" She asked hesitantly.

"Because of that Griffin that you made I didn't choose any of the Seekers that tried out that day," he explained.

"And that's a good thing?" Anna asked, still not following.

"Of course it is, if I had of chose one of them then I wouldn't have the amazing Seeker I have now," he grinned, Anna could sense his overwhelming enthusiasm and energy.

"Oh, well you're welcome then," Anna smiled, she had expected him to leave but want she hadn't expected was for him to envelop her in a hug before he did. He was so much taller than her he was nearly picking her up. He released her quickly and said one last thank you before taking off, probably to do more quidditch studying.

Anna was a little to shocked to move for a while, she jumped when she felt a hand on her arm.

"Come on Anna."

She saw Darian had a sly grin on his face as he dragged her away to their Common Room, she had a feeling that was not going to let her forget that hug anytime soon.