Chapter Nine.

You know that feeling when someone's telling you something and then you just want to look into their eyes and say, "I don't really give a crap."

That's exactly how I felt when he told me. I mean, it's not my company, I'm not the CEO. But I asked so it's not really his fault.

"Eric, I want you to inquire about what just happened." Mr. Bossy Pants said into the phone. "They said that..? Till when? Next month? Alright....yeah yeah, thanks." He hung up and looked at me. "Isabelle, the dinner is canceled go home," he said, and with that, he went out of the balcony.

Okay, to get this straight, two things made me shocked and surprised. First, is because he called me by my first name. And second is because he just left me there, just like that.

I walked down the stairs of the now deserted TE and flagged down a cab.

"Roosevelt Avenue," I mumbled and hopped into the car.

*

I laid back on my bed, unable to sleep, it was 11 PM and I was still tossing around on my bed. I decided to call my sister since it was still early evening in Seattle.

"Hi, sis, " she chirped from the other side of the call.

"Hey girl, how're you?"

"I'm alright, just busy with school and all, but I could spare time for you."

"Could? What do you mean could," I joked.

"Never mind." She mumbled and I knew she was rolling her eyes.

"How's mum?" I asked.

"She's asleep." She told me. "I had to tell her to go to sleep because she needs her rest."

"Oh okay, what are you doing?"

"I'm baking cupcakes." She said and I raised my brows. "A school project." She clarified and mouthed an Oh as if she could see me.

"How's school?" I asked, I really needed to keep this conversation going.

"School's cool." She answered. "Mum told me that you got hired in a place like this. I've forgotten," she said and I palmed my face. "A tech company."

"Yeah. The place is a second hell."

"Why do you say so? Are you being maltreated there?" She asked.

"Nah, it's nothing."

"I hear the boss is one hot asshole." She purred.

"Crystal!" I scolded and she giggled. "Who told you that?" I asked her.

"Nobody." She said and I could feel her smile from the other side. "Belle, I've got to go. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and I sighed.

*

The next few days at TE was hell. Mr. Trevelyan snapped at any moment but yet he didn't fire me. 
There was a time, I brought his coffee late, and he just snapped, though those gray eyes of his were blazing in anger, he still didn't fire me. I was also beginning to think I was his favorite.