Chapter Thirteen.

Kate blinked in surprise. She looked partly confused yet surprised at the same time. Desperation filled my eyes. I wanted Kate to figure all out, even without spilling the beans. I stared at her and she stared at me as seconds stretched to minutes. "You what?" Kate finally said after a moment of silence passed.

I blinked and averted my eyes from her piercing brown eyes. "I-I'm getting engaged in two days," I repeated. Make her suspicious. Make her figure it out. Spill the beans without actually spilling it.

With my peripheral vision, I saw her confused expression contort into a frown. "How? Why? So fast? What the shit? I mean, he has you forever, so why?" She asked, as if he was right there.

I nibbled on my lower lip and turned to see if he was actually there, looking all smug and whatnot. I turned back to face her, her face looked weird–like she was trying to look amused, surprised, confused, and angry all at once. I parted my lips to answer but she cut in.

"You know what? I don't want to know–" I frowned at that statement but Kate didn't notice. She hit my shoulder playfully. "You lucky bitch. No, I think I should stop calling you, Belle–" my brows furrowed. "Mrs. Trevelyan is better. No, we that sounds old. Mrs. Ivan Trevelyan is better–"

I zoned out of her little rant, leaving myself in my own thoughts. Kate didn't figure it out, but then again,  I didn't think I left out enough clues.

 And then again, this wasn't a cliche romance novel.

Right?

 I was stressed out and when I thought of what Mr. Trevelyan was doing, it made me more stressed.  I was there thinking about my future and he was probably drinking coffee in a palace of gold filled with servants and whatnot.

Stupid coffee lover.

Stupid boss.

Stupid everything.

I felt a bump on my shoulder and it pulled me out of my head. Kate looked at me like an eyeball popped up in my forehead like a pimple or so.

I scrunched up my brows and raised my hand to my face to feel if I actually had a third eyeball in the middle of my forehead.

Nope, no extra eyes.

"You-" she started to say. She pointed to the corner of her mouth. "You have drool. Right there."

My lips parted In realization and I quickly rubbed the back of my hand over my lips.

Stupid hot Ivan Trevelyan.

"Oh my God, Isabelle! So cute!" Kate said all of a sudden and pulled me into a bone-crushing, spine-cracking, and Kate-like hug. "Bitch, I'm happy for you. Just know that I'm going to be the godmother of your firstborn. 

 I let out an 'oomph' sound before pulling away from her hug.

I still love my spine, thank you very much.

"Get your arms off of me, woman."

When she finally pulled away, she had a Cheshire Cat grin on her face. "So, stupid hot Ivan Trevelyan, huh? Already daydreaming about your husband-to-be, Mrs. Ivan Trevelyan?" She waggled her brows and I buried my face in my hands.