Chapter Twenty-Six.

a/n: I really shouldn't make promises I can't keep. Sorry for the super late update. I don't even think any excuse can suffice the reason why I didnt update. The update schedule is cancelled by the way. I think I just need to figure stuff out. Also, you didn't skip any chapter, just saying.

*

Mr. Trevelyan stared into my eyes in silence.

I stared into his in silence. I stared into those eyes that had somehow managed to make their way into my dreams the night before.

Exhibit A of madness: Dreams.

He stared, narrowing his eyes.

I stared, narrowing my eyes.

In silence.

Utter, pregnant silence.

Silence that was so heavily pregnant it was about to go into labour.

Someone ought to have said something.

But no one did.

I would have because, you know, confidence but I didn't. I couldn't. The irony of the whole situation was that I had given myself pep talks, slapped myself quite a few times, and done a couple of breathing exercises earlier yet my voice still managed to disappear.

Stupid cowardly voice.

And even if I tried, I was sure no more than a squeak would escape my lips-

Lips.

-yeah, my eyes were totally not flickering to Mr. Trevelyan's lips.

I have to admit though, my palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy.

But that was because I was tired and fatigued; the aftereffects of the coffee I had taken earlier.

Not because Mr. Trevelyan was staring me down with an eyebrow raised.

And then, when I thought he wasn't going to say anything, he turned his attention back to the folder in his hand, looking as passive as ever before he said, "Are you threatening me?"

I opened my mouth but stopped short.

Are you discombobulated, dearest-stalker-that-is-flipping-through-my-life?

No?

Let's pretend that this is some cool movie scene and wind back to earlier that morning.

Pause.

Rewind.

***

I woke up to the sound of thunder and rain.

BOOM! The deafening sound jolted me straight out of my dreams to reality. I breathed in deeply as I looked around me in confusion. Realizing it was just the rumble of thunder, I calmed down and peered over to the window across the room to see that it was raining.

Sigh.

Rain. The only weather condition I had mixed feelings about. Rain was pleasant when I wasn't under it but when I was, not so much.