Chapter 11: 'What size are they? I want to keep them'

Finally free from restraint and being ordered around, Rory started picking up all her books and possessions from the floor. In despair, she realised there was no way she could even use her schoolbag now. 

She looked ridiculous as she kept kneeling down on the floor in only her underwear, so Jackie followed her around and gave her a good kick in the bum each time she knelt down, knocking her off balance.

The younger girl also immensely enjoyed kicking Rory's books or pens away from her each time she tried to pick any of them up.

Rory wanted to pull her coat on, but it was ruined with mud, so she managed to recover her blazer from a desk and put that on her, so that she at least had one item of clothing on her.

While she was at it, she grabbed her tank top and hurriedly put it in her blazer pocket for now, so as no one else could grab it off her.

Those two items were all the clothes she had to put on. Jackie still had her skirt, shirt and tights stowed away in her own schoolbag.

As for her shoes, she didn't hold out much hope either.

She'd noticed Becky walking around for a while with one of her shoes in hand, scanning the floor for the other shoe and asking had anyone seen it.

She had no idea what Becky was up to, but she doubted this bully was trying to be helpful.

As soon as Becky found Rory's other shoe lying under a radiator, she held both shoes up in the air as a way of taunting the birthday girl further.

It caught Jackie's attention. It occurred to Jackie that even though Rory was a little taller than her, and so much weaker, when it came to clothes and shoes they must be pretty much the same size.

"Actually, what size are they? I want to keep them," Jackie piped up.

It was a killer line that really stole the show that day.

Becky really loved their younger friend's idea and so did Allison.

Examining the shoes, Becky told Jackie: "Yess, I'm sure they would fit you perfectly."

"No please, not my shoes!", Rory pleaded.

"What's the matter? We've got nearly everything else of yours anyway", Becky taunted, before handing the pair of shoes to Jackie who popped them in her own bag.

"I'm going to wear them to school tomorrow," Jackie said excitedly.

Rory sighed quietly at this latest piece of unnecessary meanness.

"Perfect," Becky replied. "What do you think Allison?"

"Yeah I mean, why not, it'll make tomorrow interesting anyway," Allison replied.

Could this get any worse, Rory thought to herself. This was so frustrating and unfair. She had been trying to reason with these unruly girls since 3.30pm when school ended, it was now after 4:30 and it seemed that they just had no intention of being reasonable!

Perhaps, if she informed the Principal, that would stop them, she thought to herself. Bullying was certainly not tolerated in this school.

"Excuse me," Rory said in a slightly raised voice to get their attention. "I just want you to know that what you are doing is really wrong. It's definitely bullying, which is against the school rules, and I am fully within my rights to report you all to the Principal."

Allison: "What the fuck did she just say?"

Becky: "I think she's trying to threaten us."

Jackie: "Tell on us. To her best friend the Principal. Oh my god you're so dead Rory."