chvpter 4

hi everyonee, hope u enjoy!! comment ur thoughts, I love making friends <3 <3

...
Craig Warrendale
...

Age: Fifty-seven years.
Height: 6ft 4 inches
Nationality: Australian [unknown]

Modifications: G.H.O.O.L engineering,
conducted during army service
Career:
Pre-War: Economist,
Post-War: Ex-Major General of ANZAC & Asia-Pacific
United Armed Forces
Profile: Head Gangster of prominent Criminal Organisation-
[Dubbed: King of Lake Darling, King of the Ghouls]

...

"I know she's been getting worse," Craig's wound throbs, the effects of the adrenaline in his system thawing. That little bastard Hito is a nasty brute who needs to be taken down a notch.

Akimitsu is about as shitty a father as he is. 

"Who jumped you?" Violet asks, turning to the kitchen fire as she wedges a throwing blade into the coals. She hasn't been home all week to know that there's been another power cut, but she just assumes the worst and relies on the fire. She shoves the second blade in, not bothering to check if he wants to take care of the wound correctly. "Two or three?"

Craig leans on the counter, gritting his jaw so hard that blood rushes to his face as he peels the Ghoul Jacket off. 

"Three." He knows he should talk to her like she's his daughter, but instead, he snaps at her like one of his men.

She wedges the third knife in the pit, her raven hair and fair features an exact replica of Craig's brother, Wayne. He died in the war; the lucky bastard didn't get to see any of this hellscape. 

Vi starts washing the grit from her hands, but the chill on the air makes her forearms prickle into goosebumps. If she's uncomfortable treating his wounds, she makes it look like she doesn't care. But that's how she's been her whole life, concealing every thought and opinion until they burst out in a flurry of tears or violence. Her brooding little features were his biggest amusement, her ability to pick a fight made him proud, but now, the wall of ice has come to feel like a dagger wedged between his ribs. Because he put it there. 

"What happened?" She repeats.

"Where were you?" Craig rips through his shirt and dumps it on the kitchen floor, clearing his throat gruffly. 

Violet arches a brow at the window, but he watches her irritable features through the reflection, "Wall duty. What happened?" She fuels a glare at the fire, rolling her shoulders out like she's trying to stifle some burst of irritation.

Craig and Vi know he has the power to get real medicine but when Craig was a soldier, he was genetically engineered. The tech was old though, so it only triggers a dramatic healing response when there's extensive trauma to the region. They designed it that way so that when soldiers got blisters from their boots, they'd form callouses, instead of the wound healing that night. A burn on top of the gash will make sure it's gone in the morning. "The army dropped solar panels on our side of the border, so Akimitsu's trying to dispute our claim and now there's gon' be a war over it." 

She looks concerned but vindicated. Like she already knew?

"I figured," Vi mutters, "I saw graffiti on my way back." 

Craig signed off on the wall roster himself, so he knows she's lying, but he had assumed it was something delinquent in nature. However, if she saw the border tonight, then she's either sleeping with someone from the wrong gang or... or what? He don' like that he don' know much about her anymore. "The army would have known a drop like that would cause a fight. But why? Are they distracting us from something?"