chvpter 7

<3 <3 <3

...

Nicola Gage

...

Age: Twenty-one years
Height: 5ft 9inch
Nationality: [unknown]

Employment: Trim Bow Manufacturing
Note: Affiliated with the Ghoul Criminal Organization

...

We stand just outside the Cruella, Elias and Saxon arguing over some shift they wanted for Crippy's security watch whilst Masaki and Reid watch on. "Myers, Myers, surely if I heard back first then I've got it." Elias tries to pull Reid into the debate but he just arches a dark, masculine brow, the corner of his lip tugging down like he don' know whether to laugh or shrug. 

"Nah, nah, I've worked for Crip for so long. I get dibs, he always puts me on jobs over new recruits." Saxon, a dark-haired guy with a buckled nose and nice lips argues.

The chilly air brushes a wave of goosebumps up my bare legs, so I curl my hand around Reid's hard bicep and settle into his side. 

My friend Mirri, a short girl with voluptuous hips and pudgy arms, glances at Reid and I with questioning eyes. 

"You looked tense as before, I was gon' come over until I saw that bitch." Mirri says as E and Sax bicker. 

I open my mouth, confused, but then my face drops. 

"Princess got a mean streak now," I snark.

"Did you hear how she cut up Mal? Because he offered her a fuckin' drink, like what a deranged cunt. I swear she caught M.A.D from the reservoir or something." Mirri pushes, wrinkling her face up.

I laugh, but then I clamp my mouth closed and bite my lip. I really shouldn't laugh about what happened to Vi. But fuck I hate her. 

She never comes out anymore, but of course, the night Reid comes back, she shows herself out. Fucken, dressed like she don' want anything to do with us, drunk and high, only smiling for Elias. Other than him, she hates all of us by now, but it's fair because since she came back, none of my friends have trusted her. She's a shady bitch, and I hate that E sticks by her so adamantly. 

It's like, people snap their heads when she walks past and all for fucking what? Like is everyone forgetting that she's just an insufferably boring brat? She's never been loyal to Craig, never been grateful for what the Ghouls have to offer. 

"What?" Reid's voice is deep and smooth, but his interest surprises me. I look up at him through my lashes. Irritation grabs me by the throat, but I swallow it down, holding his gaze. But his eyes get hard and his lips flatten like he's bored of me laying it on so thick. Maybe he meant it when he said we were just gon' be friends.