My Family Is...

Silence fell over the disheveled court yard.

"HELL YEA Y/N!" I heard Mage scream.

I looked towards the group of teenage boys, along with Ritsuka, and smiled.

A genuine smile.

I hadn't felt that way in a long time.

They smiled back, and it seems that Shiki sighed and gave me an apologetic smile.

I turn my head back to Lord Nesta and narrow my eyes at him.

"Your biggest mistake was trying to kill my friends." I say sternly.

My hands engulf in flames as I clench them and further my scowl.

Lord Nesta examines me with intense eyes and then he chuckles.

"You must have forgotten our deal Y/N." He smirked.

I stay in my position, I had already thought this out.

If they die, they die, my real family is Ritsuka and the boys.

In a matter of seconds my family appears in front of Lord Nesta, all chained up, but they do seem unharmed, just as he had promised.

As I examine my family more, I happen to look at my fathers skin. It looked pale, almost... dead.

I looked to my mothers and I saw the same, her once colored eyes were now grey and her skin looked dead also. So did my sisters when I looked to her next.

I straighten my posture, my hands dimming, no longer in flames.

"I guess I did forget about the deal, but you have no room to say anything, cause you did too." I smirked.

His eyes widened a little as his eyebrows furrowed, awaiting my answer.

"We made a deal that I would get the Grimoire and bring it to you so that me and my family wouldn't die. Though you also said that my family wouldn't be harmed while I was gone. Did you not?" I questioned.

"So, Lord Nesta," I continued, "Can you tell me why my family looks dead? Or perhaps, they already are..." My smirk grew wider as I saw him furrow his eyebrows even more, trying to hide his wide eyes.

"The people that I were supposed to kill have become more of a family to me over the past few months than my family had even been my whole life!" I screeched at the thought of my friends dying because I wanted to save my now dead family.

I was pretty shocked at my own outburst, but I couldn't help it.

It was eating me from the inside out.

My family dropped to the floor and didn't move.

'So they were dead.'

That asshole of a King was probably keeping them up.

"I should have known to not test you Y/N." He grumbled but smirked at the end.

"You know Lord Nesta, I missed the school ball because of you. So how about you make it up to me?" My hands are up in flames again.

"Let's dance."