chapter XII ༄

Better on my own.

                    | Liability - Lorde

                    ♫ | Liability - Lorde

Julia frowned. "Why are you saying it like that?"

Tom caressed her hands, rubbing them with his thumb. "I did something really bad."

Julia raised an eyebrow. "What did you do, Riddle?"

Tom sighed. He looked into her eyes so deeply, that it scared her. Silence covered the room.

"I am the reason Myrtle is dead." he tightened the grip.

Julia's eyes slightly widened, her lips parting away from each other. "No. You're lying. You wouldn't-"

"Can you stop that?" he raised his voice.

"Stop what?"

"That." he paused, taking a deep breath. "You come up with these theories, that I can be fixed and that you can help me. That I'm not bad, that there's good in me. Well guess what, Julia. Myrtle is dead. Because of me. I am the one who gave the orders to kill her. And the worst thing is.... I enjoyed it. I enjoyed getting rid of every single mudblood there is in this bloody school. And now that I think of it, I am still going to enjoy doing it. Because the less, the better."

Julia stood in front of him. She felt shivers run down her spine. Her legs started shaking. She didn't even notice how she started to back up from him.

"Do you still want to help me now?" his voice was cold, once again making the girl's skin full with goosebumps.

"You are a liar, Tom." her voice broke. "When I asked you about Myrtle's death, you denied. Hell, you made me feel awful for accusing you of such a thing, that I believed you would never do."

She felt like breathing was impossible in that moment.

"I hate you." she whispered.

Tom stiffened. He looked at her with tears once again forming in his eyes. "You said you could never hate me. In fact, you promised."

Julia clenched her teeth. "Then I guess we're both liars." she left the bathroom.

That sentence broke Tom. He ran his fingers through his hair, screaming at the top of his lungs. He turned around, looking in the mirror. His reflection had awoken something inside of him. Anger. Fury. But not any kind.

His hands formed into fists, the nails stabbing his palms. The next moment, the mirror broke into pieces, glass shattering all over the bathroom floor and blood dripping down his hands.

His screams were still echoing through Julia's ears, who was running as fast as possible from him.
She bursted into the common room, where she broke down.

"Merlin! Julia?" Aaliyah rushed up to her, crouching down. "Wha-what happened? Are you alright?"

Julia didn't answer her, for she was a crying mess. She just shook her head.

Aaliyah grabbed her wrist and pulled her up from the floor. She brought her into the dormitory. Fortunately, there was no one except for them.

"Alright, you are going to calm down and tell me what happened." Aaliyah said, sitting down on one of the beds.

Julia adjusted her breath, trying to control herself. She eventually calmed down.

"Can you please search for Pandora?" she asked, taking deep breaths.

"There's no need for that." Pandora said, standing at the door. "Now I don't want to be that person, but I told you."

Julia smiled. "You did, didn't you?"

"What the bloody hell are you guys talking about? What am I missing out on?" Aaliyah continuously pointed at the two of them with her index finger.

"In a nutshell, Julia decided to follow her own stubborn mind and didn't listen to my advice."

Aaliyah scoffed. "Thanks, but I still don't get it."

"Tom.....-Tom confessed to me about him being the reason for... for Myrtle's death."

"What?! But.. but that's not fair! We have to do something!" Aaliyah freaked out.

Pandora crossed her arms. "Like what?"

"I-.. Tell the headmaster, for example."

"No." Julia said, looking in the distance.

"Do you possibly have a better idea? Because no offense, but for once Aaliyah is right. Besides, what else is there to do?"

There was a moment of silence. Both Pandora and Aaliyah were looking at Julia, waiting for her to answer.

"There is something. But it is rather dumb."

Pandora raised her eyebrow. "And what would it be?"

"I won't give up on saving him from his future and what he will become if he continues going down this path. I still don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will not give up on him. Not yet."

"You mean, we." Pandora said, making Julia frown in confusion.

Aaliyah giggled. "You seriously thought we were going to let you do it alone? What are friends for, you dum-dum."

Julia smiled and looked at the two of them. She stood up from the couch she was sitting in and walked to one of the windows, looking outside with fire in her eyes. A smirk formed at the corner of her lips.

"Let the party begin."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Aand with that I finished part one of the story. I know the ending is a bit shitty, but I already have so many ideas for part two, so stay tuned. I am also working on a new story *wink-wink*, but that's for another time.
And holy moly! How the heck are we already at 300+ reads?! You guys are truly amazing. You have no idea how it felt to wake up to that. So thank you for reading my story, even if it's my first one and even if it's not the best you could get.

Stay safe, sending hugs and kisses🖤