chapter XVI ༄

He comes alive at midnight.

        | My, Oh My - Camilla Cabello

 It was past curfew when Julia sneaked out of bed

It was past curfew when Julia sneaked out of bed. She wore a black sweater with black jeans so she wouldn't get noticed. As she grabbed her wand, she slowly tiptoed out of the dormitory and the common room, finding herself in the dark, hollow corridors.

She felt shivers run down her spine, covering her in goosebumps. The corridors were never friendly, especially at night with all the ghosts lurking there. But her fear never overcame her curiosity.

Julia took a deep breath, heading towards the library. She didn't even make light with her wand, for she didn't want to get caught by a prefect or a teacher.

And there she was. The tall, rather big door of the library was in front of her, unlocked. Before entering, she looked around, making sure no one saw her. Entering the library, she was immediately hit by the smell of the old books and parchment paper, inhaling it through her nostrils.

She walked through the tall bookshelves, arriving at the end of the library, where she found a gate-like door. 'Restricted' was written on it.

"Got you." she whispered to herself, admiring the gate.

The girl looked at the lock on the door. She tried to push its door as quietly as possible, yet it still creaked. Julia flinched, praying that no one heard her.

As she entered the restricted section, she muttered Lumos so she could see better. Julia knew that a book about the Dark Arts wouldn't be found in the first few rows, so she rushed straight to the very last bookshelf.

She searched for the book as hardly as possible, even casting Lumos Maxima because she thought that maybe she passed by it without noticing. Yet, she found nothing.

"Damn it." she muttered as she climbed down one of the ladders that was bent against a bookshelf.

Suddenly, she stumbled upon her robe, knocking down a few books. As she tried standing up from the floor, she brushed her hair back in frustration, picking up the books that fell down. Her eyes widened as she picked up a book with the title 'Secrets of the Darkest Arts' by Owle Bullock.

"I suppose I don't have to tell you that it's past curfew." a raspy, familiar voice rang through her ears.

Julia's eyes widened. She slowly stood up, turning around. "Riddle."

"Julia." he greeted back.

An awkward silence dominated the two.

"I suppose I should--Y'know. Head outta here." she awkwardly chuckled as she walked past the boy.

She was stopped by Tom, who grabbed her wrist in a scarily fast motion.

"What do you got there?" he whispered in her ear.