chapter three

your eyes widened, stepping back from him rather quickly.

images of the wanted posters in your bakery flickered through your mind.

"you're... you're the sin of wrath. you're the captain of the seven deadly sins..." you whispered, fear creeping on you. "y-you murdered the headmaster of the holy knights!"

meliodas tilted his head, "did i?"

you looked around, trying to find any possible solution to your situation.

if what you had heard over the years was true, you were on the edge of being slaughtered.

"listen, i didn't seek you out to kill you." he stated, noticing your panicked appearance.

he rose a brow. "plus, from what i've heard, you'd put up quite a fight."

you widened your eyes, looking back up at him.

"i actually need your help." he continued, turning his backside to you. "i'm on a mission to seek out the rest of the sins."

you furrowed your brows.

harlequin.

"and... why is that?" you asked, crossing your arms, suddenly interested. "i've heard that they've all been dead for years."

he turned back around.

meliodas looked at himself up and down, smiling, "i'm here, aren't i?"

he had a point.

"why would i help a group of criminals?" you questioned, stepping closer to him.

meliodas stood silent.

"i can't give you any details until i know i can trust you." he stated, shrugging. "it's either you come, or i force you to."

you stared at him.

"that... that doesn't give me much of a choice."

meliodas smiled, "that's kinda the point."

you sighed, flying up so you were a few inches off the ground.

"and what importance do i value on your mission?" you asked, laying so you were on your side.

meliodas pursed his lips.

"well, everything would go a lot smoother if you came along."

you didn't know why you were asking so many questions - you didn't have much of an option anyway.

"and..." he looked at you.

"i think you have some unfinished business to talk about with someone in particular."

ah, so he did know.

you didn't hide your look of surprise, receiving a snicker from meliodas.

"so... he told you everything? about me?" you asked, finding it hard to believe.

"well, yeah." he shrugged. "he wasn't exactly sober when he did it though... he just kind of spilled everything."

you mentally laughed.

yeah, sounds like him.

"i know you're not as bad as you've been played out to be." meliodas suddenly spoke, his tone becoming more serious. "some people... some people just make irreversible mistakes."

you smiled sadly, titling your head at him.

there was a look in his eye.

he meant his words.

"alright, sin." you dropped back down to the floor, looking up at him.

"count me voluntarily in."