chapter fifteen

"elizabeth's been gone for a while."

meliodas spoke to himself, furrowing his brows.

he had expected her to come back as soon as possible. he didn't want her traveling to baste prison with diane.

hesitantly, he stood up from his seat beside you, walking over to the large window of the room.

low and behold, the giant was talking to the princess outside.

he let out a breath of relief, leaning against the wall as he watched their confrontation. diane seemed angry, while elizabeth seemed frantic.

"now what in the world could they be possibly arguing about..." he mumbled, crossing his arms. this was probably one of the most inconvenient times to strike a disagreement.

his eyes wandered around the scenery of the town, a dark figure catching his eye.

he paused, squinting his eyes to make out what it was.

his hand rose to the window, knocking on it to get both girl's attention. they turned at the same time.

"sir meliodas!" elizabeth exclaimed, eyes widening as she realized he had been watching them.

meliodas stood quiet, raising his finger to point to the approaching figure.

diane furrowed her brows, "what's that?"

meliodas' eyes widened, realization hitting him.

"it's coming from baste prison!" he shouted, now seeing the figures more clearly.

insects?

he had no doubt that they were sent to take all of you out.

meliodas quickly turned to you, pointing at your sleeping body. "i'll be back as soon as possible."

as soon as he uttered the words, he was out the door, sprinting outside.

"hey!" he yelled, gathering the attention of the townsfolk.

they seemed confused, their eyes switching between him and the bugs.

"get inside immediately!" he ordered, whipping out his blade.

they shrieked, running inside the nearest building.

meliodas huffed, momentarily placing his broken sword in his sheath, looking over to the two girls.

"elizabeth," he turned to the frightened princess. "get inside with y/n and hawk right now. if you want to help, just make sure nothing happens to you or her."

she seemed panicked.

"a-are you sure?!" she asked, gasping as the bugs flew in.

their venom was deteriorating the structures of the town.

"yes! now go!" meliodas gave her a nudge to the doctor's building, quickly running over to diane.

"captain! bugs are the one thing i can't stand!" the giant cried, shutting her eyes tightly as she fell to her knees.

meliodas stared at her in bewilderment.