chapter fourteen

"hey! is there a-"

screams erupted from the people around the giant, all shaking in fright from her size.

"it's a giant!" the townsfolk cried, running away as fast as they could.

"no! wait a minute!" she exclaimed, eyeing the smaller beings with wide eyes. "i just wanted to find out if you had a doctor somewhere in this town!"

the people ignored her, continuing to run past her.

she sadly sighed, looking down at the floor, eyeing the blonde-haired boy beside her.

he held your limp body in his arms, looking down at you with a sorrow look.

"you idiot." he sighed, brushing away your hair from your face.

he almost expected a response from you - maybe a slap, at the least.

though, he got none.

he felt guilty.

you had taken his wound, and had fell unconscious because of it.

because of your rapid blood loss, they had no choice but to stop their journey to seek medical help.

from the way he looked at you, diane felt a bit of jealousy run through her veins.

although, she masked it, noting how much he seemed to care for you.

if her captain was worried for your health, she should be too.

elizabeth and hawk ran up to the giant, a pleading look in their eyes.

"please! hawk and i are more than capable of finding a doctor! why don't you just-"

diane turned to the princess, a glare in her eyes.

"look, i'm gonna be the one helping y/n!" she yelled, crossing her arms. she was loyal to meliodas - she would do whatever she needed to in order to help him, even if the person they were attending to made her blood boil.

"how can you help if they all run for the hills the minute they see you?!" hawk cried, stomping his hoof on the ground in frustration.

diane paused, looking back down at you and meliodas.

he hadn't spoken much. his eyes were on you most of the time. he was anxious to look away, fearing the sight of you not breathing.

her expression softened, her eyes closing.

"okay, fine. then you two go look for a doctor." she sighed. she knew she couldn't help in her state. it was pointless, a giant like her.

"a-alright!" elizabeth nodded, turning back around with hawk beside her.

"stay put, got it?!" hawk yelled, before following after her.

the giant crouched down, sitting on the ground.

"is she... doing okay?" she asked the meliodas, looking at you.

he had patched your wound with a spare shirt, though the blood was beginning to poke through.

"i think so." he replied quietly, focusing on the way your chest rose and fell as you breathed. if it were to stop, he didn't know what he would do with himself.

it was strange, really.

he didn't know why he felt so attached to you.

maybe it was your kindness. despite your occasional throw or hit to him in response to his perverted-ness, you had treated him well.