chapter sixteen

"y/n... what..."

the entire room stood quiet.

meliodas fought the tears at the brim of his eyes, looking at your body in full horror. your wings were gone.

"what did you do to her?!" he yelled, turning to doctor dana with a look of pure anger and disgust on his face.

a black marking on his skin appeared.

elizabeth gasped, holding hawk close to her as she watched meliodas' bright emerald eyes turn into a dark black.

"i-i didn't-" doctor dana stuttered, shaking his head rapidly. "when she came in and i stitched her wound - she didn't have them!"

golgius kept the sword up to your neck, visibly cowering down as he noticed meliodas' change of behavior and look.

your body was limp, a large bandage wrapping across your chest and torso. your hair covered your face as your head was tilted to the floor.

clearly, you had passed.

elizabeth sobbed, holding a hand on her mouth to muffle her cries. she had never felt more afraid in her life.

hawk was violently shaking under her arm, his head tucked into the princess' side to cover his eyes.

golgius lifted you up, carrying you with no struggle.

meliodas almost expected you to jump up, possibly attacking golgius with your abilities.

yet, your hopeless body stood still.

"now, may she rest in peace." golgius snickered. his tone was disgusting - even over his armor, meliodas could tell there was a grin upon his face.

"leave her alone." meliodas demanded, his eyes boring into the holy knight's.

golgius shook his head, "i'm sure you heard me the first time - this girl has been ordered to be transferred to the kingdom at once."

"i don't care what you've been ordered!" meliodas exclaimed, slamming his hand on the table beside him.

golgius stood quiet.

"i can kill you in an instant, i'm sure you heard." meliodas bitterly mocked, his hands clutched into fists.

"so," golgius removed the hair from your face, showing meliodas your lifeless expression. "to avenge her, you're going to kill me?"

meliodas couldn't bring himself to look at you.

he took in a large breath.

"yes."

under his helmet, golgius' eyes widened.

he had expected the opposite response.

"it's not what she would've wanted, but," meliodas walked to golgius, his dark eyes glaring at him. "it's what i want."

while he had the holy knight cornered, he grabbed you, setting you down softly on the bed where you had once laid.

meliodas ignored the feeling of your painfully-light body, turning back to golgius.