💉24

|Achille

I cradled my stomach, taking witness to the scenery around me. I actually finished hunting with Norris three hours ago, but I still find myself craving blood. The disgusting side of being a vampire...that urge to drink something that keeps other creatures alive - is what also helps me thrive.

Now I can't think about myself and not drink it. It's evident that the baby wants blood because of the Blood Moon and I before I would just not leave my house for three days. I'd just suffer alone...practically losing my mind.

It's different now...much more different.

Though when we stopped hunting Norris took me to his house that happened to be in the woods. But it was a nice mansion that looked like there was not much movement.

I was actually concerned when he wanted me to walk into such a place. Except once I was inside I saw how much the place suited him and how Victorian it was. Made sense considering how his character was.

"Why did you want to speak with me?" I ask him finally, my hand subconsciously resting on my stomach.

Norris looked very nervous and it made me suspicious. Why was he bringing me here at three in morning? This is only the second night that we've hunted and I am comfortable with him. I'm sure Darius is still asleep, but when I get there he'll somehow wake up right when I arrive.

As if he was never sleeping at all...

"I want you to understand how much I am risking telling you this. Because I have heard of you beforehand, and I had ill-intentions. After seeing your family and how much love you both had for one another, I began to care. I began to want to be your guys friend and I can no longer let Sabin scheme against you both any longer without warning you." He explains to me, and I felt my heart stop.

I stood up quickly, and Norris stood with me. Except I began to back away only for him to clasp his hands together.

"Achille I truly mean no harm. I promise you! You and Darius are important people in my life and love the way your family is growing. There was no way I could allow Sabin to scheme against you both any longer without me being able to help." He tells me quickly, but I felt like I was in a trap.

The more I looked up at him the more of a threat he became. There was this feeling within me that told me to run...but I knew he'd follow me.

My father...has always told me to let people explain if they are worthy. If they have not given you a reason to not trust them, then here their piece.

"Go ahead...I'm listening." I croak in fear, and he sighs.

"I have known Sabin for a long time. I've been alive a little bit longer than him, but he has committed much more acts than I ever could. I've heard about you before and didn't know who you were until I saw your eyes. On the day when I knew you were with child and...your partner was human. I was fascinated to find such a thing, but I had no idea you were the Achille that Sabin spoke of.

"I did not tell him I met you because he already knew I did. Oscar was the one to fill him in. He also knows you are with child - because of Oscar. I have been near them and Sabin plans on ambushing you and Darius. He wants to kill Darius, kill you, and take the child-."

"Never!" I exclaim loudly, and I felt this fury boiling in my chest. I saw a flash of red for a second and Norris stepped back a little bit.

My hand pressed to my chest, trying to calm myself. It was becoming stressful because whenever I see the flash of red I feel the urge to pass out. I'm so angry that I pass out...