💉35

|Achille

I sat with Aurelie sleeping in my arms, standing on the balcony of Deimos' house. He explained everything to Darius and me, but I still don't think we are needed in his plan.

He insists it only based on our capabilities and what he can see before him. Yet I'm still skeptical of him because I have never, ever heard of a vampire reaper. I think that is utterly ridiculous.

When Darius brought up Sabin I thought it was entertaining how Deimos had no clue of him. He said that name did not sound familiar and that if Sabin was a threat to the human society.

Obviously we said yes and Deimos said he would help us - unless we helped him. What he wants help in is completely childish.

He wanted us to help him in winning over a human being. Even though there was Vince right beside him and he completely disregarded him. I thought it was sad...but it showed that Deimos clearly lacked a heart.

All he wanted was to experiment. Since he has never been able to bore his own child, he wanted to try with a human being. Obviously we had no names for him - but Tyrone did come to my mind. Though Darius not I named him off.

That would be wrong on so many levels...

He just needs to try with Vince. Though he stated that if he was to have a child, his abilities and strength would be passed on to his child. So basically, he would no longer be the reaper - his child would be.

Ridiculous how it all works.

I sigh, feeling someones presence behind me.

"I know you're behind me, so you might as well show yourself." I say aloud, and I look over my shoulder.

That's when I see a woman with braids behind me. Her red eyes scanning me slowly as she grinned.

Now that I was looking at her I didn't get a good vibe now. She made me question on if I should trust her.

"I just wanted to see your baby." She insisted, and I frown. "I mean no harm, I promise. Am I not allowed to look at a little baby?"

I sneer, not liking her tone.

"What's your name?"

"Evangeline, but since I like you - you can call me Vannie." She snickered, suddenly brings in front of me. "Did Deimos tells you all about me?"

I shook my head, moving a little bit away from her. Except she only made her way towards me again.

"He called me here because I am special. He does not just call anyone here, you know. You and your Darius should be lucky he asked you here-."

"For idiotic reasons! He just wants a baby-."

"There is more to it than that - and you know it. If Deimos cannot birth his own offspring, than one of ours will be the next vampire reaper. Why do you think he is so fascinated on hybrid children? Especially...yours?" She asked me in a snake-like manner.

Her eyes scanning me slowly, and she pointed at Aurelie.

"Her power over exceeds my son." She tells me, and I raise my eyebrow. "No, he is not a hybrid like your daughter. He one-hundred-percent vampire...with a little magic on the side."

I suddenly see her fingers alight with colorful flames. My eyes became fascinated by the way the flames danced along her fingers and it didn't seem threatening. Until I suddenly hear Aurelie hiss, breaking me out of the trance.

"It seems to me that your daughter does not like me." She whined, and smiled at me. "That is quite alright. We have all the time in the world-."

"No. I'm not staying here. Darius and I have bigger problems than this...where is Darius anyway?" I shove my way around Evangeline, rushing downstairs.