[30] malfunction.

Beltan News: In Goldhand, a man known as Paulson David was arrested for murdering his wife, Florence David, after she tried to kill a hound. According to the hound's report, he had gone to their home to question them on the death of Monica Pauly, a Martian woman who had lived in Goldhand for the last three years, and that's when he was attacked by the wife before the husband saved his life. 

Patrick stood naked in front of a standing mirror, staring at himself while tears streamed down his face

Patrick stood naked in front of a standing mirror, staring at himself while tears streamed down his face. He placed his hand on his aching chest, remembering what he told Wolf on Venus:

"It seems you grew quite fond of Ms. Cyb... I mean Ms. Olivia over the short period you were together. How long was it? Twelve hours? Maybe a bit more or less? The one trait I admire in humans is understanding... Or is it sympathy? Maybe it's empathy?

"You can meet someone and instantly like them because you share the same love for music or movies or celebrities, or you may have the same passion and ambitions in life and that's enough for you to be friends... or more, as time passes by.

"I can't do any of those things because at the end of the day, no matter how many chips they install and update to make me seem more human, I'm still a machine."

Patrick had told Ms. Olivia he never lies. Then she caught him in one, regarding how he helped Master J unlock the clues to Monica Pauly's case—the start of his downward spiral. Lying to Wolf was so easy, it caught him by surprise.

How do I even know his name? He slapped his head multiple times. Yes, when I was at the mechanic repairing the hover-car, I researched him. The stinging sensation in his chest intensified. Ms. Olivia is gone.

He cared for her. Why had he said otherwise to the coyote? Was something wrong with him? Ever since Dolph helped him install the emotion-chip in his brain, he began feeling weird, different; he was not himself anymore. Am I malfunctioning?

The aching feeling in his chest shouldn't have been possible. He had shut off the pain nerves in his body. But this was different, like something had grabbed his metal heart and squeezed it as hard as possible.

This pain increased whenever he thought of Olivia. Ms. Olivia. Oli.

When he brought her dead body to the Corpse Flower, Master J cried before remembering Olivia was a Martian and they transferred their consciousness into clones. With that knowledge, the master laughed before a smile tugged his face.

But... there was something.

Something Patrick saw in Wolf's eyes before leaving Venus.

He didn't know what it was.

He couldn't explain it.

It was more of a feeling.

Like a sense.