Ch 21

Both Bakugo and y/n entered the house quietly as to not wake his parents just in case they were sleeping and headed back up the stairs.

"Could I use your shower?" She asked Bakugo.

"Sure." He dug around in his drawers until he handed her a shirt and some pants. "When your done give me your uniform. I'll put it in the wash." He said grumpily. Y/n nodded and headed into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her. She slipped out of her clothes and turned the faucet on, reaching her hand in to make sure the water was warm enough for her to hop in. The hot water stung her legs and she looked down. There were small cuts on her knees where she'd tripped. Her hands were also a little scraped but they weren't bleeding or anything.

After she was finished she dried herself off. Y/n rummaged around in the drawers looking for bandaids. After they'd been found she put them on and put on the clothes Bakugo had given her. She tied the drawstrings on the pants and headed out, handing Bakugo her dirty uniform.
She heard the muffled sound of the washing machine start and Bakugo walked back into the room, closing the door behind him. Y/n had already climbed into his bed.

"The hell? Outta my bed." He motioned her to get out.

"Cmon we used to sleep together when we were little!" Y/n mumbled from under the covers.

"Yeah? Well we were also smaller. Now your ass takes up half the bed." He crosses his arms.

"Pleeeeaaaassseeee!" Y/n whined.

"No."

"Hmph." Y/n pouted, starting to climb out of the covers slowly. Bakugo suddenly shoved her back down.

"FINE you can sleep here too! Just scoot your ass over!" Y/n nodded, smiling and scooting over. Bakugo turned off the light and climbed in after her. He wiggled around for a moment to get comfortable before he finally settled, back facing her. Y/n watched his breath rise and fall. A small smile spread onto her face.

Bakugo had gotten so strong. He'd become somone that y/n could admire...even though he was harsh at times. Bakugo had a soft side, y/n knew this. He really did care about people he just wasn't the best at showing, or the way he showed it came off as rude. But over time her brain had created its own little Bakugo to Y/n translator. She could understand what his actions and his use of words meant.

This little flame in her heart had grown into a forest fire.

And now...as she lay beside one of her closest friends...she realized that she no longer wanted to be is friend. The aggressive blonde had captured her heart completely. Seemingly stealing it right from her. Or had he wormed his way inside? It didn't matter, either way y/n knew that as she lay there next to her sleeping friend she was growing jittery with the realization. Her face grew hot. He was there, right in front of her. Her eyes focused on his back.

'I wonder what it would feel like to hold him.' Her mind ran its own thoughts wild. Slowly, she reached a hand out. Her palm pressed against his clothed back. His body heat radiated against her palm. 'So warm.' Her eyes closed and she let out a small yawn. Y/n drifted off, her hand resting on the bed still pressed against him.

________________________________