Chapter Two

"Keith! Your girlfriend called to say she's coming over tomorrow!" Kayla yelled from her room upstairs. Her siblings cringed from their positions in front of the TV.

It was Sunday night and they'd been on a netflix-athon since they all had lunch when they got back from church. This was the advantage they enjoyed when their parents were on a business trip out of the country.

Actually, it was their dad that had business to do outside the country but his wife, their mom never let him go alone. She always missed him so much even when he was at work every day and she couldn't bear to be separated from him for a month.

When Kayla walked down the stairs, Keith frowned at her. "Candice is not my girlfriend."

"Tell that to the five thousand people she tweeted to yesterday about her date with you on Monday."

"She wasn't talking about me. I didn't ask her on a date and I never plan to."

"'I hope his siblings will agree to help me watch my dog while we kiss in the moonlight.'" Kayla read out from her phone.

"Yeah, I'm the only one who has siblings." He mocked.

"You guys should keep it down." Kim, their younger brother, shushed from where he sat, crossed legged on the floor, below Keira who lay on the couch on her stomach, legs suspended in the air.

At his brother's words, Keith picked up the remote to mute the Tv.

"What the hell?" It was Kim's turn to frown at his brother. Keira frowned at his choice of words and turned to glare at her other brother.

"What? He said to keep it down." Keith shrugged, laughing.

"Such a big ol' meanie. I feel sorry for your girlfriend, Candice." Kim replied, deliberately.

"Keira..." Keith sang out like a little kid and she decided to help her brother out.

"Guys, Candice is not Keith's girlfriend."

"Thank you." Keith began to nod at Keira's statement until she added. "At least, not yet."

"He swatted at his sister's legs that dangled below and Kayla gave Kim and Keira high-fives.

"She's so clingy as a friend and apparently as a girlfriend also." Kayla eyed Keith. "I wonder how she'd be as a wife." She scrunched up her nose.

"She'll metamorphose into lice to infest Keith's hair." Kim backed up his sister in riling Keith up.

"And then, he'll scream, buy numerous brands of shampoo and hair products, take a million baths..." Kayla listed out as she scrolled through her phone and Keith intercepted.

"Now, I can't even call Keira for assistance because she'll just smash my already broken heart." He put his hands over his heart, feigning sadness and patting his perfectly styled hair. He was going to wash his hair in case there really was a flea in there.

Keira sighed. "You should stop talking about Candice that way. Don't be mean."

"You wouldn't say that if you've noticed how annoying she is. She gloats about everything on the planet. Ugh, I wouldn't be surprised if she had an uncle who lived in Mars." Kim laughed at Kayla's words.

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with me?" Keith pouted.

"She's your friend. Duh." Kayla replied as if on cue.

"I literally just knew her name sometime last week."

"That's because you called her 'stalker' since you knew her." Keira said disapprovingly.

"Because that's what she is. Sometimes, she pretends like she's not interested in him and most times, she's just a creepy stalker." Kayla snorted.

"Okay, that's enough." Keira raised her voice and her sister frowned, pointing at Kim.

"Order him around. He's the only one you're older than here."

"Hey." Kim mock-frowned.

Sensing the tension rising between the twins, Keith picked up the remote to un-mute the Tv.

"Woah, the killer already spotted her." This got the rest of the sibling's attention.

At the same time, there was a resounding message alert on Keith's phone. The other siblings' phones followed suit. Kayla was the first to read hers and then, she hurried down the hall to the door, pulled it open and listened out.

"Oh, my God." She exclaimed. Her siblings were already behind her in an instant. Keira read the message on her phone aloud.

"There's shooting at this hour. Everyone is ordered to stay indoors due to the emergency. -Strictly by the Federal Bureau Of Police and safety Department, Winiview."

"Let's see the news." Keith led everyone back into the living room. The news stated that there was shooting going on involving the police and some criminals, pertaining to the issue of the kidnaps. The culprit had been found and now, the police was in hot pursuit of him/her.

"You are advised to shut your doors and stay indoors until further notice." The lady on the news casted. Just then, they heard a knock on the door.

A/N:
Hey there haniebunnies,
Was feeling generous tonight and decided to let go of another chapter. I hope you're starting to like this story. Don't hesitate to leave your comments so that I can know what you're thinking!
Happy reading. ❤️