Chapter Five

None of them were little kids anymore and they had to brace themselves for what the man had to say. It had to be something so terrible if his expression was that way.

Kayla tried her best to keep a straight face and Keith resisted the urge to reach out his hands to close his brother's ears even if he wasn't so little anymore. He just tended to be so overprotective at times like this. Keira shot him a worried look as she could imagine what was on her brother's mind. Candice on the other hand, looked as ready as ever as she inched closer to the man.

"I cannot say it to you kids." Mr. Park shook his head after some seconds and Kim groaned.

"Never mind, we'll just ask someone else." Kim seemed to know words to use on the man to get answers from him.

"Kim, I think it's better we don't hear about it right now. Maybe some other time." Keira spoke up, resting her right hand on her little brother's shoulder.

Keith smiled at the man tight-lipped and ushered everyone back in the direction they came from. As they began to walk and get distracted with other things, his phone rang and Keira who was in line with him saw him hesitate before answering the call.

"Hey mom!" This reply made the others stop to listen, excited looks on their faces. "Yes, we're fine." Keith sighed. "I think Kayla would be more excited to tell you the whole story." He said as he handed the phone over to the other twin.

With animated expressions, Kayla spoke all the way home while her siblings put in some words for dramatic effects. Candice walked quietly beside them, smiling when Kayla said something funny.

The sun had begun to set and when they got to the front of the house, Candice decided to head home.

"Keith, walk her home?" Keira whispered to her brother and he sighed, giving in. There was a glint of excitement in Candice's eyes as he fell into step beside her.

"So, what's your spirit animal?" She asked bouncing in her steps after the rest had waved her goodbye.

"Let's go right now!" Keira shouted right after slamming the door to Keith's room open.

"Jesus Christ, could you be any more subtle?" He asked his sister sarcastically.
Keira jumped to sit beside her brother with a grin on her face, peeping into his laptop that sat in front of him and he moved quickly to shut it.
Although Keira hadn't gotten a view of what he was doing, she gave a mock serious face, nodding, "I see"

"What do you need?" Her brother asked her.

"Let's go. You know, for that walk." She eyed him.