63.

The sound coming out from the TV was the only source of both noise and light. Both boys sitting next to each other, a safe distance between both of them. None of them had said a word to each other ever since the movie started and they were almost half way there. It was currently eleven pm and none of the boys were tired.

"You know I've been meaning to ask you something..." Min ho turned his attention from the movie to the boy sitting next to him. The movie wasn't so bad but he rather pay attention to the boy instead of the movie. "What is it?" Ji sung had his eyes on the TV but Min ho knew where Ji sung's real attention was, he seemed to hesitate. He opened his mouth, closed it and then opened it again, only for him to close it again. "You can ask me anything, I won't mind". That seemed to give Ji sung a little bit of confidence to processed to ask what he wanted. 

"W-When we were at your house... you told me your mother wasn't at home ... along with h-her family ...". Min ho let out a sigh, not being annoyed or something. He understood what Ji sung was talking about. He knew he had to tell the boy someday so there's no point on hiding it from him. Min ho looked at the boy who was now looking at him for an answer, that is if Min ho wanted to give him one. He didn't wanted to make his dorm mate uncomfortable.

"Well that's because they aren't ... my family. My father died when I was little. My mom remarried after a few years". Min ho explained looking down at Ji sung's hand that was only a few distance away from Min ho's left hand. "D-Do you not like the guy? or his kids?" Min ho shrugged. "It's not the guy or his kids, or his and my mother's kid. I just don't feel like a part of their family. Sometimes it just feels like my own mother doesn't want me. As if she just wants me gone. Like i'm a reminder of my father". Ji sung only looked at the older boy before slowly holding Min ho's hand by his own. It caught Min ho off guard but he didn't show it and just looked at the boy. 

"... Do you want to talk about it?" It took everything for Min ho to not burst into tears right at the moment. This was the first time someone had asked him that. No one, not even his own mother ever tried talking to him. Chan barely knew anything. He knew Min ho's father got in an accident and after a few years his mother re married because he didn't knew Min ho before his father's death. His family was one of the most hardest topic for him. He stopped thinking about it because he didn't want to feel the pain which he got. He didn't want to feel the pain that he felt all these years, which he tried to ignored all his years. All those memories, those nightmares. He took a deep breath. Ji sung's eyes were sad as he gripped Min ho's hand, giving it a bit of a squeeze.

"M-My father met my mother when they both were in high school. They both were fresh man's.  He was so in love with her and when he told her that after four years, when he finally asked her out, he found out she liked him too. They got married after graduating. Their parents were against it so they kicked them out. Mom wanted to go to college but they didn't have money. So my dad started to work as a clerk in a company and used to work part time too, so she could go to college. He used to live on the streets, trying his best to support her as she lived in the college dorms. After mom graduated, she got pregnant. After I was born dad somehow bought a small two roomed apartment. It wasn't much and we weren't rich but we were happy. Mom started working at the same company as dad because they needed money, she insisted on helping even though dad just wanted her to relax and not worry, because he loved her too much". Min ho's lips were pulled in a small smile as he remembered the memories he shared with both his mother and father back when he was little. Ji sung's eyes never left the older boy. But soon his smile disappeared as he processed. "I guess it was his love for her that became the death of him...".

"T-The night on my birthday, it was like eleven pm and I heard the sound of my mother shouting and my father trying to talk to her. So I went to the living room, where they were. D-dad had found out that my mother was cheating on him with the CEO of the company and it broke him. Mother said she didn't want to live with him because he couldn't support her or me or even himself. But dad begged her, h-he begged her to not go and t-that he'll try to figure something out ... but she didn't listen. I was four I could barely understand anything..... He jumped off the roof because he couldn't handle the pain..." Ji sung placed his hands on his mouth as he mumbled an 'oh my god'. But the other hand never left Min ho's. Min ho cleared his throat quietly, feeling the tears form in his eyes.