Chapter 11: Hello, Boys

It's heartbreaking looking at the expressions on Sam and Dean's faces. Dean is eyeing me with hatred and disgust, while Sam is eyeing me with sadness.

I swallow the lump that forms in my throat due to my guilt as Dean circles the Devil's Trap. I think he's trying to be menacing, and if that's what he's going for, he nailed the crap out of it.

"Why does Crowley want info on purgatory?" Dean spits as he stops in front of me once more.

"Because he wants purgatory itself," I whimper, answering honestly. Crowley can't expect me to lie for him. "And info is needed if he wants to obtain it."

"Why does he want it?" Sam asks, his voice hostile as well, just less so than Dean's.

"I don't know," I answer, tears blurring my vision. I can see Sam's expression soften ever-so-slightly. Dean's, however, only grows stonier. "He didn't say. Maybe for extra power. Maybe for an army of monsters. I swear, he didn't tell me anything about why he wants it." I shut my eyes.

How could this plan go so horribly wrong?

A burning sensation engulfs my face once more, meaning that Dean or Sam used the holy water on me again. I hiss in pain as my eyes open, the tears falling faster now. Steam floats off of my body as I say, "I swear, I don't know anything! I'm just his servant!"

Dean jerks his arm forward, about to drench me with the blessed water some more. But he doesn't. He sighs.

Maybe he believes me!

"Okay, then. What does your 'servant' job entail?" he asks, his voice softer than before.

"It entails me helping Crowley with his plans," I respond, trying to ignore the lingering pain of the holy water. "I only accepted the position because he promised that I wouldn't be tortured anymore if I did. And now he threatens to do just that if I don't help him." My eyes go back and forth between Sam and Dean. "I'm so sorry for lying to you guys. I just didn't want to be tortured again..." I shudder at the thought.

Sam and Dean glance at each other quizzically, not expecting for a demon to have remorse. Their expressions go soft for a moment, but then harden back up. They probably think that I'm lying just so I can get out of here. I don't blame them. That sounds like a very demon-y thing to do.

Dean nods curtly. "Okay. Sam and I have to talk in private for a moment." He then grabs Sam's arm and drags him out of the room, shutting the door behind them.

I exhale with relief. At least I'll get a few minutes of peace.

Although, one question doesn't allow me to relax all the way:

What are the Winchesters gonna do with me?

Are they gonna save me from Crowley?

Are they gonna kill me?

Are they gonna hold me hostage for a while?

I don't know. And based on the fact that Dean had to pull Sam out of the room, I don't think they do, either.

   I sigh, looking around. What a disappointment I'd be to my parents if they found out what I've been doing.

   That's when my breath hitches in my throat.

   What a disappointment I'lll be to Crowley.

   I failed the mission! My heart drops as I realize that because of that, he's gonna make me pay.

   I close my eyes, hoping that he'll forget I'm here.

   I hear the door open again, and that makes me open my eyes.