Chapter 29: Cat and Mouse

I wake up to familiar, strong arms wrapped around me. The sun filters through the blinds of my room's window, which makes me deem today as a beautiful day.

   I unbury my head from Crowley's chest, looking up at him tiredly to let him know I'm awake. I can say one thing for sure, though: I'm not getting up anytime soon.

He was already looking at me. He smiles. "Good morning."

I smile back, retiring my head to the familiar place of his chest. "'Morning."

"Sleep well?" he asks, tracing patterns on my back with his fingers.

   "Mhm. Thanks for keeping me company last night," I mumble into his suit, smiling wider at his warmth as I wrap my arms around him.

   "It was no problem, love. However, I must be going now. Hell can't rule itself, and I've already taken quite a bit of time off."

   I look up at him again to pout. "Aww! Come on, just a little bit longer!"

   He already looks swayed by my pouty expression. He bites his lip, thinking.

   After a few seconds, he growls. "Fine! God, the things I do for you, (Y/N)."

   His joking tone makes me smile and hum. "Thanks, hon."

   "Mhm." Crowley's attention then drifts away from me and to the entrance of the room. He smirks. "Why, Dean. What a pleasant surprise."

   My head whips to the entrance of the room also.

   I wave awkwardly at the eldest Winchester, who looks to be somewhere in between traumatized and annoyed. "Hi, Dean."

   Instead of returning the greeting, he takes a deep breath in, letting it out after. "This is awesome," he says to himself. "The King of Hell, in my friend's room, cuddling her."

   I realize how Crowley and I are still wrapped around each other, pushing him away and sitting up right as I do.

   He doesn't seem to care that Dean's uncomfortable. He simply smiles and shifts so that he's laying on his back.

   Even though Crowley and I have been together for a while now, Dean still hasn't adjusted to it. Exhibit A being the frown on his face now.

   I watch as the frown deepens. And, once it reaches its maximum deepness, he whips around and yells, "SAMMY! CROWLEY'S IN (Y/N)'S BEDROOM!"

   I roll my eyes. "Snitch!" I respond, even though I know Sam's not gonna care. He supports this relationship a lot more than Dean does.

   Proving my point, Sam yells back, "HE'S HER BOYFRIEND! HIM BEING IN THERE IS COMPLETELY NORMAL!"

   Dean looks upset that Sam's not backing him up. "S-SO YOU'RE...FINE WITH IT?"

   "YEAH! IT'S NOT MY PLACE TO TELL THEM WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T DO!"

   "YOU SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT CROWLEY'S A DEMON!"

   "AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT HE LOVES (Y/N) ANYWAY! YEAH, HE'S A DICK, AND I'M STILL NOT ECSTATIC ABOUT HIM DATING HER, BUT HE WOULD NEVER HURT HER! OR US! IN FACT, IT'S BETTER THAT HE'S HERE WITH PEOPLE HE WON'T HURT THAN BEING IN HELL, HURTING THOUSANDS!"

   I can tell Dean's formulating a comeback, probably about to bring up Crowley's history of threatening me with torture.

   "They're like children," I mumble to myself before adding, louder than before, "CAN IT, BOTH OF YOU!"