Chapter 21: The Difference

My eyes flutter open the following morning. I smile a little, happy that I was able to fall asleep last night. I'm surprised at myself. The lies I told and the things I hid from the Winchesters usually would've been enough to keep me up all night.

   My smile fades as guilt presses down on my chest. Time to continue my new job. Lying and hiding.

   I yawn and stretch my arms above my head. Time to conquer a new day.

   A smirk makes its way onto my face as I realize that I don't need to put in any effort to get ready. All it takes is a snap of my fingers.

   I do just that, and I'm wearing a white, tight-ish T-shirt that says "bitch please" on it in pink lettering. Black tights hug my legs, and my hair is no longer unruly. It's smooth and silky.

   The clothes that I had on before are in my hand, and I chuck that into my hamper, which is starting to become pretty full.

   I ignore that and walk into the bathroom, grabbing my (f/c) toothbrush afterward. I squeeze some toothpaste onto the toothbrush and brush my teeth.

   An acceptable amount of time passes, and I spit out the mint-flavored toothpaste that's in my mouth, rinsing off my toothbrush afterward. I then return my toothbrush to its normal spot as I wipe the toothpaste that's on my mouth off with the back of my hand.

   I look at myself in the mirror, smiling slightly. I don't look bad.

   I then walk out of the bathroom, hearing Sam and Dean's voices.

   The sounds of them talking make me smile. I follow the manly voices of the Winchesters, and those noises bring me to the research room.

   Sam and Dean are sitting at the research table, but they're not researching anything. They're just chilling out, a rare sight to see when it comes to those two. They've both got coffee in front of them, and they're talking cheerily.

   My smile gets wider. "Morning, you two," I greet them, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

   They both turn to look at me, smiling once they see me. "'Sup, (Y/N)," Dean says. His eyes drift down slightly, a smirk following the eye movement. "Nice shirt."

   "Thanks, man," I say proudly, walking up to the table and sitting down in an open chair, which is next to Dean and across from Sam. I eyeball the brothers' coffee cups. "You got any of that for me?"

   "Yep," Sam responds, nodding. He gestures to the coffee maker a little bit away from us. "It's almost done brewing."

   I sigh with relief. "Thanks, guys. You're the best."

   "Tell us something we don't know," Dean says playfully, rolling his green eyes.

   I roll my eyes in return, elbowing the eldest Winchester brother in the ribs. He whines in response, while Sam giggles.

   What a nice morning this is.

   Then, as if to prove my point, the coffee maker beeps.

   I fly out of my seat and dash over to the coffee maker, Sam and Dean chuckling at that. I collect my prize and add my desired amounts of cream and sugar.

   Once I finish creating my masterpiece, I blow on it before taking a small sip.

   A glorious taste slams into my tastebuds. I swallow the wonderful elixir and sigh with contentment, making my way back to the research table afterward. I sit back down, putting my coffee down on the table in front of me.