Chapter 20: Powers

Did the King of Hell really just ask me out? Me, a human?

   I want to say yes, but would it really be okay for me to date him? He'd inflict so much pain onto people, and I wouldn't do anything about it. I would simply go out to dinner with him and give him a kiss goodnight as he caused endless amounts of destruction.

   But despite that, his very presence is enough to brighten my whole day. His charm, his snark, his emotional side, his beauty... Everything about him just locks me into the cell of loving him, and no matter how hard I try to escape, I can't. I'll be trapped there until the end of time.

   Crowley's assessing me with those brilliant hazel eyes of his, looking for a sign of where I stand on this whole thing. "If you don't want to, I understand. I just thought I'd—"

   "No!" I blurt out. "I want to! I'll be your girlfriend!"

   A small wave of guilt rushes through me. But that wave is overpowered by an even stronger wave of ecstasy. I'm dating Crowley.

   Wow. I never ever thought that I'd be dating the King of Hell. To be fair, who would think that they would be? That's not exactly a common occurrence.

   The slightly nervous expression that was on Crowley's face melts into a breathtaking smile. He grabs my waist, his lips meeting mine.

I gladly kiss him back. His hold around my wait tightens as he pulls me closer.

   Since I've kissed him before, I expect to be less in awe of how great it feels. But I'm not. And I know now that I never will be.

   My arms find their way around his neck, and then, all too soon, he pulls apart, keeping a secure hold on my waist.

   So, in return, I keep my arms around his neck. The only sounds that can be heard are our breathing, the ocean, and the birds above us squawking.

   The ocean.

   The ocean!

   "Can I request something?" I ask quietly, releasing Crowley.

   He nods, releasing me as well. "Anything, darling."

   I gesture to the ocean. "Can we go swimming?"

   Crowley smiles, but shakes his head. "I'm not much of a swimmer, dear."

   I pout. "You said I could request anything!"

   The smile is replaced by a smirk. "Yes, I did. But I didn't say that I would do what you requested."

   I open my mouth to retort, but realize that he's stumped me. I growl and shut it.

   Crowley looks satisfied by this.

   "Can you at least snap me up a bathing suit so that I can go?" I ask, a whiny edge to my voice.

   Crowley smirks, and I can see a mischievous glint in his eyes. That's never good. "That, I can do," he purrs, snapping his fingers.

   I immediately look down, knowing that the swimming suit isn't gonna be what I was expecting.

   And it's not.

   I'm in a black two piece that barely covers anything, and it clings to the little skin that it does cover, making my curves look more pronounced.

   Crowley whistles, making me look up at him, my cheeks burning.

   His smirk is wider, and he's eyeing me up and down.

   I shoot him a glare, but he doesn't get the message. He continues to assess me. "Gorgeous..," he eventually whispers to himself.