thirteen

mingi's pov / the day before seonghwa's ghosting.

i watched as hyerin and seonghwa walked away. i felt really bitter inside, i thought hyerin would forget about seonghwa because his ex-girlfriend was a fucking whore, but i guess not. even from the party, seonghwa was around hyerin, and that bugged me a lot.

after classes, i decided to meet with seonghwa, and there he is, walking towards me. "heya, mingi!" he greeted cheerfully, but i wasn't in the mood to be lovey-dovey around him today. so i just glared at him. "what's with calling me alone?" he asked, hands on his pockets, he knows he's fucking annoying me with these stuff.

"don't go close to hyerin." i answered straightforwardly, not batting an eye. he scoffed, "suddenly?" seonghwa asked, "i thought you liked kyunghee?" he added, which made my blood boil for a reason. i wanted to punch his face but we're friends and my anger could only be packed inside my backpack, so all i did was furrow my brows.

"ghost her tomorrow. and then forever." i told him, which made him chuckle, "do you like her?" he asked. i just chuckled back, "i'm telling you to ghost her, seonghwa." i gave him a serious look. he chuckled again, "everything for you, mingi." he replied, bowing perfectly.

hyerin's pov

kyunghee and i are walking home together today which is special now. mingi said he wanted to be alone after comforting me earlier during lunch, i guess seeing me cry affected him in a different way, but that's not what i'm entirely worried of. i mean, with this awkward silence with kyunghee? i bet she has a lot of stories to tell me.

i didn't want to talk about what happened with seonghwa, she didn't hear about the news too, all she knows is that seonghwa and i hung out today again. but since she's busy with doing her art project in class, she's not getting involved in anything at all.

oh, that just randomly reminds me of;

"you lied to mingi about having a sister the day it rained." i told her, to lift the mood up, but kyunghee only looked gloomy and didn't respond. "why'd you do it?" i asked her, maybe she's scared to answer? "hey, i know you only hate on mingi because i hate him." i told her so she would be more comfortable with telling me her answer, if that was the case.

"hyerin.." kyunghee sighed, "i used to hate mingi.. a lot. because he pulled pranks on other people and i don't like that shit," she explained, but i already knew that, because that's the same reason i told her back then. "but you know what?" she asked, i raised my eyebrows, "yeah?" i asked back, softly.

"i think.. i like him." she confessed, blushing, but she didn't want to hide it, it looks like she did her best to say that. and.. i don't know what i feel about this. i'm glad that she opened up like this but i also felt my heart break because mingi comforted me earlier and my feelings for him almost rose back.

"t-that's good, then." i replied, then kyunghee sighed, "but i feel like he's pulling a prank on me." she added, and i shook my head. maybe i should tell kyunghee the truth so this could end cleanly for me. i mean, i have to sacrifice my feelings for mingi before it gets serious. that's how i should do it, right? and that's what i'm about to do,

so i don't get hurt.

"actually.." i hesitated for a second, but inhaled all my courage in, "mingi likes you. a lot." i told kyunghee, my soul almost hit bottom-rock because of that.

kyunghee's eyes brightened up as she looked at me, "r-really?" she asked. i smiled, because this is the first time she's been this happy with anything guy-related. "he told me he likes you." i said to her again, and she started lowkey-jumping. this is nice, i thought. i guess i've succeeded with being cupid? should i tell mingi that kyunghee likes her back?

"d-don't tell him, though!" kyunghee asked in the most childish way possible, and right on time. so that made me smile again as i brushed my shoulder on her, "i won't, don't worry." i reassured her. then we smiled at each other.

oh?

snow.

"it's snowing!" kyunghee stopped her tracks to jump. i also got excited as i catch snow on my hands, stopping late, "it's the first snow.." i mumbled. i looked at kyunghee behind me and she's almost spinning in happiness, catching snow on her hands too. "this means your first love will work out." i told her. she looked at me with her brows raised. "hm?" she asked, then speed-walked towards me.

"you know," she spoke, reaching me, "for me, spending the first snow with you today is something more special!" she giggled, "this means our friendship will last for a very long time." she said, i felt happy because of that. no wonder she's my favorite friend. and she's mingi's crush too.

"seonghwa fucking dumped me." i just got in the mood to tell her, with a proud smile at it. then kyunghee's whole face went berserk mode. "WHAT?!" she yelled out loud, the people walking got startled so i placed my hands on her mouth to shush her, pleading, "c-calm down!" i told her.

she pulled my hands away from her face and spoke in lesser volume now, but still mad as heck, "who gave him the right to?!" she asked. i nervously chuckled, i knew this would be a bad idea, but oh well, better tell her myself before she finds out herself. that would be worse. "i also don't know." i told her, smiling to myself, "maybe it's because i'm a loser?" i asked her, being the pathetic piece of shit i am.

kyunghee sighed, then fixed my hair, "you're not a loser." she told me with more of a worried look than angry, "seonghwa's a loser for dumping you." she added, almost like scolding me.

i smiled, "should we go eat some dumplings?" i asked her, with an expecting face expression. she looked at me, annoyed with the joke, but she knew deep inside that i needed consoling for being dumped. so she nodded, "alright, let's go!" she raised one arm like freaking superman. "let's eat dumplings and talk about how pathetic seonghwa is for doing that to you!" she yelled out.