eighteen

i watched mingi order from the inside as i kept tapping my shoes on the floor. after mr. kang made the two of us clean the audio visual room, mingi decided to hang out after the job, and here we are, on a friendly date in an ice cream shop.

yesterday was so weird, but earlier today was weirder. kyunghee and mingi didn't even approach each other, and i think it's because they started dating. i guess mingi's going out with me today because he needs some advice on how to be a good boyfriend for her. but.. hah.. whatever.

mingi walked over to our table then gave me my coffee crumble ice cream, "there you go, madam." he says, sitting down beside me then leaning on the booth. "so? did you confess?" i immediately asked, since we haven't had a word about it ever since earlier; he's been avoiding the shit out of that topic.

mingi bit his ice cream.

hold up.

"YOU BITE YOUR ICE CREAM?!" i yelled at him, which didn't even make him flinch. he looked at me with such casual eyes, "what's wrong with that?" he asked, and i couldn't help but smack his shoulder, that's when he finally reacted right, laughing as he guards himself from me. "what??" he asked, smiling.

i looked away then inhaled and exhaled to calm myself down, choosing to ignore his satan manner of eating ice cream, "everybody in my group bites ice cre—" i heard him start to speak but i ignored it and just looked at him with my brows furrowed.

"did you confess?" i asked once again, seriously. and wow that's freaking pushy of me, makes me sound a little too desperate than i should be. mingi gave me a look in which he looked offended. and i regretted asking that way, so i just shook my head, "nevermind." i told him, since i realized that i shouldn't be wrecking our moment like this.

i looked away because i got flustered but mingi kept looking at me, or maybe in my direction? i took a scoop of my ice cream then ate it, whilst mingi hasn't moved an inch and kept his position like a mother trucking statue. i started getting nervous, so i had to say something.

"i'm just curious because kyunghee hasn't said a word about it." i explained myself in a low volume with my voice slightly shaking because of the lie, but it's really partly because of that. the main reason though— is that i wanted to know if i still have a chance for him.

"i'm not telling you what happened." kyunghee said in a serious tone, "i know that you like mingi, hyerin." she added, and i got nervous, "you like him, so i'm not telling you."

kyunghee's words yesterday on the phone really confused the shit out of me, and i wonder if she's mad at me for liking mingi too.

"oh, i see." mingi finally started B-R-E-A-T-H-I-N-G. and to be honest, the seconds before he spoke made me want to get this place air-raided and bombed to hell, but now, his reply only made me more confused.

did somebody dump somebody? what the fuck happened? i want to ask so bad but they're both being mysterious and shit, and i'm too dumb to be sherlock!! goddamn everything, i'm so eager to have my heart broken today.

"i didn't confess." mingi finally answered, and i looked at him with my eyes widened, "holy shit, no way." i cursed in complete disbelief, "WHY?" i proceeded to ask, to, of course, quench my thirst of having my pessimistic self feel more shitty. mingi sighed with a smile that literally meant 'you wouldn't want to know', and it made me feel things.

"it's a secret," he answered with a mischievous smile, and i have to admit that looks pretty sexy. but i'm going to have to ignore that, because— i have the sudden urge to tell him my feelings.

i have to let him step on the fire before it burns the whole city.

"i have something to tell you," i started off in the most common way ever, and then he put his ice cream on the table's cone stand, raising both his brows. i glanced away then looked back to his eyes. i sighed out of my will, and all the nervousness just disappeared all of a sudden, and i felt like it's not going to be a big deal,

right?

"i think i'm having feelings for you." i told him, and that line to be.. safe? i swear it sounded better in my head, and i wasn't supposed to say it that way. i was planning to straightforwardly say 'i like you' but i knew that it would be too.. weird, so i took the different train. all i can do now is hope that he doesn't ghost the heck out of me for confessing like this.

mingi chuckled then picked his ice cream up, biting on it again with his smile still there like i was saying bullshit. i raised my brows and scoffed in surprise, "what? you ain't gonna say anything?" i asked mad, but i was a little giggly.

mingi stopped moving again and stared at his ice cream with the smile, then his face completely turned into a surprised one, looking at me, "wait, you're being serious?" he asked in a serious tone, looking terrified.

i let out a chuckle, "it's stupid," i sighed then made a ridiculing expression. mingi kept his eyes on me, "hyerin!" he called out with a scolding tone. "don't make jokes like that!" he exclaimed, placing his free hand on his chest, "you're making me nervous!" then he faked having a hard time breathing.

i laughed at him because he started blushing, but deep inside i was a little offended that he thinks i'm joking about it. "it's true," i had to tell him, just because i have the courage to. and there he is, looking like he got stabbed in the back by me. "i don't know when. and how." i added, "it just occured to me, waking up in the morning, excited to go to school because i'm going to see you." i'm getting a little too cheesy with this, so i decided to stop speaking as i look away with an embarrassed look on my face.

"if you like mingi. tell him." i recall kyunghee's words last night, "because you deserve that seat more than i do."

mingi was taking a bite on his ice cream as i say my greasy ass line. and i didn't think he'd react like this— because he started choking on his ice cream, coughing endlessly like that's even possible???

a/n: 400 reads!!!! i'm so happy :"""((( thank yalls!!!