sixteen

i flinched as someone started tapping on my shoulder. who the heck dares to bug me at a free subject? my annoyed face expression changed as i saw who the person was behind me. "mingi?" i asked him, and he was smiling widely. i looked around the classroom and my friends are out of sight, they must have left to the cafeteria while i was fake sleeping.

"hey, since valentine's day is coming—" mingi brought up, my heart started beating fast due to nervousness but i knew right away that he was going to talk about kyunghee, and i was right, "—can you help me buy some chocolates for kyunghee?" he asked.

i made a confused face as i glance away for a second, then saying — "girls are supposed to give chocolate in valentine's, though." i cringed. mingi looked clueless as he chuckles out of embarrassment, "really?" he asks.

i laughed at him because being that dumb must be hard. "so you're not helping me?" he asked with his raised brows like he didn't hear what i just said. i scoffed in annoyance then nodded, "i'm only helping you because you're asking me to."

"yay!" mingi raised both his arms in the air and did a mini celebratory dance which made me a little embarrassed of myself for being around him like this. but oh well, he looks a little cute, so i'll let this slide. "hyerin best girl." he added after the dance. i snorted and just looked away, he probably means kyunghee by that.

"after class, okay!" mingi tapped on my shoulder aggresively this time, and i got annoyed, making a complaining sound i can't even describe.

"everything looks expensive," mingi said in awe of the store full of lovey-dovey stuff, we then parted ways at the entrance to find something for him. right, he must have thought that these would be cheap because he's that dumb. i looked at the shelf and saw a lot of bear plushies with hearts, it was affordable but too common so i just ignored it.

i looked to my side and saw mingi speed-walking towards me with a plastic rose in his hands, when he reached me, he bowed. and i flicked his forehead, "stop wasting time!" i told him. he pouted then walked away with the fake flower.

i chuckled as i looked around. "candies?" i talked to myself, i saw giant heart lollipops near the counter and i was intrigued by it. "mingi!" i called him out, and he immediately showed up, "what?" he asked. then i pointed at the lollipops.

"that's—" he paused, "big." he told me, "and expensive." he added. i rolled my eyes, "of course it's expensive! you have to spend money for the one you love!" i told him, he laughed in defeat while keeping his eyes at the lollipop.

"oh.. this!" mingi pointed at the sweet snack beneath it, "that's going to melt fast." i told mingi since he was targetting the giant chocolate shaped in a heart. "they have different meanings." he told, pointing at the signs beside them.

the heart lollipop means you love the person you've giving it to. while the heart chocolate means you want the other person to love you.

"that doesn't even matter." i told him as i rolled my eyes, but i went frozen as i saw him with the most sincere smile ever while looking at the sweets. he's that in love, while i'm here pretending to be okay with it.

"well, since the chocolate is cheaper, i'll get that." mingi picked it up then smiled at me before walking towards the counter. i was left speechless in my spot as i watch him buy the chocolate, thinking— he should buy the lollipop for kyunghee because kyunghee already loves him.

but oh well, mingi doesn't have a freaking clue about kyunghee's feelings and i should just stay quiet and wait for them to date and stuff. and have my heart break, of course.

lmao.

mingi and i left the store and i suddenly got gloomy because no one's giving me anything tomorrow, not even seonghwa, because his date is one of his friends.

"oh, right." mingi stopped walking, and so did i, but a little late. "what?" i asked. did he leave anything? or did he have the idea to buy me something too? what? say something!!

"you shouldn't be around me or kyunghee tomorrow, okay?" he asked. i gulped my saliva and felt like i just drowned inside. 'of course' was almost my answer but that would make me sound really pathetic so i just nodded and said, "sure thing." with a proud smile.

"do you want anyone as a date from my friends?" mingi asked as we continued walking beside each other. i shook my head, "i'll probably have jiwoo or something." i answered awkwardly, which made mingi chuckle.

and see? mingi and i are walking together now, unlike that day when we volunteered. we're now walking in the same pace. maybe things have changed now, maybe he's learned to like me? oh, nope. never.

"oh," mingi snorted, "so you're into people like jiwoo," he added. that sounded a little weird because BRO, i'm into people like you!!!!!!!!!! fucking dumbass. "she's my friend, you know." i glared at mingi, a little offended that he assumed i was that gay, but whatever, it's completely okay. so i just chuckled right after. and so did he.

"aren't we allowed to like friends?" he asked open-mindedly, and that made my mind pause. uh-huh, he's probably saying this because he used to like yunho or something. he's the og gay between the two of us. "i don't know." i replied to keep things neutral.

mingi suddenly giggled and that made me realize that his words could mean that: ...he's allowing me to like him even when we're friends. "what are you giggling about?!" i yelled uncontrollably. s-seonghwa didn't tell him, right? i panicked in my head, but i shouldn't let it show like this!

mingi giggled again, but now he was blushing. this little shi— i almost punched him for that, but i should keep calm. i'll trust seonghwa that he hasn't told mingi yet.

a/n: guys omg!!! 300 reads for real 😔😔✊ thank you very much