/ / 4 / /

Many, many days have passed and I haven't heard a word from Kai.

He's been MIA and I was starting to freak out. I was back in high school and that meant, studying, learning, and homework. Home-freaking-work. This was pure torture. I thought going through high school again would be fun because my high school experience was amazing. I also had Kera and Riley with me. But not even they could make me feel better.

I was brought back in time for a purpose as Kai said. But it was starting to feel like there is no purpose. My mind was flooding with frustrated thoughts and millions of what-ifs. It felt so pointless to even attend school because technically, I already got my diploma.

My forehead made contact with my locker as I groaned. Everything was making me grumpier than ever. If only Kai came back and got on with the stupid program.

"Boo."

I screamed and faced the wrath of the ground. I looked up to see the idiot who screamed 'boo' in my ear. Of course, it would be Eye-opener 104.

"Aww, did I scare you, Ellie?"

I glared at him. "Seriously? Was that the only way to make an appearance?"

"Of course not. I have like a million tricks up my sleeve."

I rolled my eyes and ignored his stupid self. "Are you finally going to give me a clue?"

"Patience Ellie, patience. I can't give it to you here. Follow me." He started walking away. I immediately followed him.

"Where are we going?"

He smirked. "You'll find out when we get there."

"Didn't I tell you that I hate those words?"

Kai suddenly halted in his step abruptly, making me bump into his back. He turned to me and smiled at my clumsiness. He has such a cute smile that made me want to smile back at him. But I'll never tell him that.

"Here's your first clue for your first....uh-" He paused as if to stop himself from saying the wrong thing. "-issue." He said in such a low tone that I almost didn't catch it. Almost.

I took the square-shaped envelope from his hand and pulled out the square-shaped paper. There was only one word on it. And it made me frown.

BOYFRIEND

Riley? What has Riley got to do with this? I looked up at Kai for an answer. His eyes were already on mine.

"Follow him." He pointed towards Riley who was stood by his car with his friends. That was when I realized that we were at the carpark.

"Why?"

"I know you hate the words but you really will find out soon."

I groaned anyway. "Are you coming with me?" I asked curiously.

Kai gave me a small smile. "Of course. I told you, I'm gonna be there with you throughout the whole program."

I wondered why but didn't ask him.

"He's leaving soon, we need to hurry." He said and pulled me towards my car. We both got in the car and waited for Riley to take off.

"Why must we follow him? I feel bad going behind my boyfriend's back."

Kai rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Just trust me, will you?"

Just then, Riley started driving out of school and I quickly started following him as Kai signaled me to. We passed by the regular stores in town, his house, his cousin's house, my house, and we eventually left town. Where is Riley even going?

After an hour, he finally parked his car at driveway near a pink and white house. Then, I saw him getting out of his car. I didn't know Riley knew people in this town that I didn't even know about.

"So now what? We're just gonna spy?"

Kai looked somewhat nervous. "You're going to get your answers, Ellie."

I was stunned. I didn't expect Kai to go all serious. The nerves was starting to build in my veins because I realized that I was going to get my eyes opened today.

I then saw Riley ringing the doorbell. The door opened revealing a girl who was probably in her twenties. They both talked a bit before walking towards the car. Riley made sure to open the car door for her and then got into the car himself.

"Follow them, Ellie."

Kai's voice pulled me off my stupor and made me realize that they were driving away. I immediately started driving in their direction.

"How do you feel?"

"I feel nothing."

And that was the absolute truth. I didn't want to assume anything. Riley didn't hug her or kiss her or even hold her hand. There was nothing to even assume about.

There was nothing for me to see.

Kai didn't reply. We stayed quiet until Riley's car was pulled over in a hospital's carpark. I was confused. What do they have to do at a hospital? Both of them got out and walked into the building.

"What now?" I asked as we both got off my car.

"We follow them."

I sighed and walked alongside Kai. When we got inside the building, I saw Riley talking to a nurse behind the reception desk. He then started walking and sat beside the girl who was seated outside a room. I looked at Kai.

"Now what?" I asked as I realized that we were hiding at a corner.

"Just watch."

"This is ridiculous, why do we have to watc-"

Words wouldn't leave my mouth as shock took over me. My boyfriend and a random girl just entered a room that was labeled 'Ultrasound'. Millions of negative thoughts crept into my mind. But, I refuse to think.

"Kai, what's the meaning of this?" I asked as my breathing quickened.

He stayed silent.

"KAI!"

"It is what it looks like Ellie. I'm sorry."

My world came crashing down as I tried to come to terms with the fact that my boyfriend impregnated a woman.

A woman who wasn't me.