/ / 11 / /

Athens is such a beautiful place!

Kai and I went to so many beautiful and cool places. And we teleported to each place. It was really weird and nauseating the first couple of times, but I got used it. Every time Kai teleported us, he held me the same way he did the first time giving me butterflies each time. I don't know why I was feeling this way.

"Are you happy with this trip?" Kai said as we sat down at a local restaurant to get dinner.

I gave him a look. "Don't tell me you don't know my answer to that. I freaking jumped and squealed at every place we went to."

Kai laughed. "Okay fine."

"So I've always wondered about something. You said you're human, right? But, how can you have a gift like that? It doesn't make sense."

"That one must have bugged you a lot, huh? Well, I am a human. In fact, everyone at Rewound are human. Except our CEO and Board of Directors, of course. They're the ones who gave me the gift of teleportation and made it possible."

My eyes widened in surprise. "What do you mean they're not human?! What are they?"

"We call them SkySends. They came over to our world and started Rewound. They negotiated with the beings above the skies to give humans just one chance of a redo in their life and they agreed."

"You mean like, Gods?"

"No! Don't ever call them that!" Kai panicked which made me jump a little. "They're called The Supremes. Not the g-word."

"Isn't it the same thing?"

Kai gasped. "How dare you?"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. So, when did the SkySends come to our world?"

"Many centuries ago. I don't know when Rewound started though, never paid attention in history lessons."

I gasped in shock. "Hold up, these SkySends, are they like, immortal?"

"Dur, keep up Ellie"

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, if the SkySends and The Supremes are both from above the skies then, what's the difference between them?"

"You and the President of the country are from the same world, right? Are you both the same?"

"So, it's like hierarchy?"

"It's about power. The Supremes are the most powerful beings. The SkySends are like the people who work for them. So automatically they're less powerful."

"Then, how did the humans get involved?"

"Lack of manpower. Only the SkySends could come to our world. The Supremes wouldn't allow anyone else to come with them. So, they hired families with clean futures to work for Rewound."

"Clean futures?"

"Families who do not need a redo in their lives."

"So, all the generations of your family have been doing this their whole life?"

"Yupzies"

"But, what if you don't want to?"

"I've never heard of anyone refusing to work for Rewound. The benefits of this job is awesome. Besides the amazing gift, you get a huge house, great pay and the friendships you get to make is something you can't refuse. I mean, these families have been working together for generations. There's a special bond."

"Oh. I guess that's kinda cool. So your whole family are Eye-openers?"

"Oh no, there are different departments in Rewound. My dad is an admin. He does the paperwork. My mom and my older brother are reviewers. They look into people's future."

"I didn't know you had an older brother. What's his name?"

"Reviewer-132"

"Oh. Do no one in Rewound have real names?"

"Yeah, they didn't bother. But, that's okay. Because you gave me an awesome name" Kai grinned.

I grinned back at him. "I did."

"We should be head back. It's getting late."

"Yeah, we should"

We both got up and left the restaurant. I felt kind of sad that this day was ending. It felt like a dream. A good dream. With everything that happened since senior year started, it felt like I hadn't had a day filled with happiness. A day where I could forget everything and just be happy.

Kai brought us to a place where there were no people around us so he could teleport.

"Before we go, I have to give you this" He handed me a very familiar square-shaped envelope. "This actually wasn't part of the program but I added it because I felt like you needed it. I don't know if I succeeded but I tried my best" He said while scratching the back of his neck.

I took out the square-shaped paper from the envelope and found words that warmed my heart.

A HAPPY DAY

I stared at Kai. He went out of his way to give me a happy day. I wanted to hug him so badly. And I did. I wrapped my arms on his neck and pulled him in for a tight hug.

"Thank you so so much, Kai. You have no idea how happy you made me today." I said as he hugged me back. "I haven't told you this before but I'm really grateful to you. You've been by my side every time I was at my worst. I know that wasn't part of your job description so thank you. For caring for me."

Kai pulled away just a little to look into my eyes. "I would do it again in a heartbeat"

My heart immediately reacted. He made me feel so many things all at once. I don't think anyone has ever made me feel this way. His eyes then shifted to my lips. Before I could react, the ground shook violently. We were teleporting.

A few seconds later, it all stopped. We were back in my room. Kai let go of me and cleared his throat.

"So, I'm coming over tomorrow. We'll be going somewhere."

"Where?"

"You'll find out soon." Kai smirked while I groaned.

"Fine, see you tomorrow then."

"See you Ellie" He said and teleported. I lied on my bed and sighed in happiness. Thinking about today made me smile wide.

And nothing could take that smile away from me.